You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

Re: Will new music be released in 2020?

-Jack- wrote:

Well, it seems like there will be an album afterall! Color me surprised. Hope it makes this crappy year worthwhile! 16 5

Will new music be released in 2020?

Yes, Q1 26%
Yes, Q2 7%
Yes, Q3 2%
Yes, Q4 12%
No 52%
Total votes: 42

Sky Dog wrote:

Late November Q4....that’s my story and I’m sticking to it axl

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

misterID wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

ID, I love you brother, but the Brain Bucket ship has sailed. 20 years ago that stuff was hatched! Let it go....if that stuff comes out it will be on Super Deluxe Chinese boxset download upload inject whatever form of medium is used 10 years from now. bucket

Oh I get you, I'm just saying there might not be a whole of material they can just re-record, at least that would fit this band.

I mean, I would've agreed, up until the point when the new band started playing the likes of Better, Madagascar and Prostitute on tour. It's weird, 'cos they're not even the Chinese Democracy tracks that resemble the work of the old band; like, I could've seen them playing I.R.S. or Street of Dreams, but not Prostitute or Madagascar.

That, plus the fact that the band's historically used material from a pool of writers including former bandmates and friends (even back during the AFD/UYI days) suggests that pretty much anything from the Chinese Democracy sessions could be on the table.

Sky Dog wrote:

Agree. I imagine anything and everything is on the table at this point. I just hope it somehow sounds more coherent musically than Chinese did. Chinese is nothing more than a compilation album culled from the recording sessions done from 98-08. axlrobinbucket

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Sky Dog wrote:

Agree. I imagine anything and everything is on the table at this point. I just hope it somehow sounds more coherent musically than Chinese did. Chinese is nothing more than a compilation album culled from the recording sessions done from 98-08. axlrobinbucket

Yup, I mean we know for a fact that they've rehearsed Hardschool, and tbh that's not the first track that springs to mind from the Chinese Democracy sessions when you think "I could imagine Slash playing this."

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Late November Q4....that’s my story and I’m sticking to it axl

Why so optimistic?

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

Well, it seems like there will be an album afterall! Color me surprised. Hope it makes this crappy year worthwhile! 16 5

A new album will support the next tour,  whenever that happens, and it's supposed to be a world tour crammed into one year so Slash can return to his other projects.

Remember also there was a plan to do a UYI based tour as well, which may happen in the future and they appear to be putting together a UYI Deluxe box with Trocolli poking about for ideas on other forums.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I hate these 'album' box sets. It's become a cash grab. Just release a box set for the band as a whole and be done with it. Just look at the Pearl Jam 10 or Nirvana In Utero remixes, they sound pretty much the same. Even In Utero, Steve Albini handed in a muddy album which the label was rumored to have trashed and said 'There's no hits' and it was fully remixed.

What happened, it comes out, and to me, its still pretty similar.  UYI would be interesting, but I'm not really interested in hearing many of the songs again, and outside of any legendary remixes or rerecordings, it couldve been morphed into 1 Guns box set.

Sky Dog wrote:

They need new music....pretty fucking obvious. All the rules are gone...everybody is on a restart. New norm for all kinds of industries worldwide. Either retire or restart your business plan.

Sky Dog wrote:

Casual fans won’t have cash to blow on dinosaurs. Hardcore fans will rule! Hardcores aren’t going to see the same show again....at some point there will be pushback. Sky Dog is at that point.

Board footer