You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Current Events Thread

bigbri wrote:

No more missiles into the Sea of Japan? Really?
This year: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/nort … n-n1171416

This one in October was the 12th of the year. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-50246065

The most missiles they've ever launched were in 2017 and 2019. https://missilethreat.csis.org/north-ko … 4-present/

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

btw his worst moment, aside from any covid talk, was his dumfounded healthcare bill claimm Kayleigh McEnhenney tried to even respond to a question about it saying ppl are working on it, when asked for names, she wouldnt answer. When pressed for names, her response was 'Come work for the white house and find out'

Yeah, uhm, ok. So there is no healthcare plan at all. The guy lied about it. He's 75 years old and basically the dumb kid in school who didnt do his homework.

He hates Obama so much its almost sad to watch.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Rocky wrote:

But can anyone explain how Trump’s foreign policy isn’t a smashing success?

One downside I find in that, is that the majority of his supporters voted for Bush/Cheney.  So they're sitting at home, rooting trump on, rah rah rah!!

Then suddenly, "George Bush got us into a 20 year mess!" and whoa, wait a second there fella, I voted for him.  Know your audience. It'd be like a new coach coming in and bashing a much loved coach who never won a championship (Don Shula in Miami, Jerry Sloan of Utah Jazz) etc. I wouldn't go mocking them yet trump seems to borderline mock Bush, again, the concern should be 'Are we mocking the same person my supporters voted for'. Will that be a slight turnoff.

The Iraq war, the current mid-east peace signings, is going to really hurt Biden in the debates. I don't think people realize what a hawk Biden is. He was pushing for military intervention to remove Saddam way back in 98'. A soldier confronted him about this before he went AWOL and jumped down his throat to stop disparaging his dead son. Wtf?

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

btw his worst moment, aside from any covid talk, was his dumfounded healthcare bill claimm Kayleigh McEnhenney tried to even respond to a question about it saying ppl are working on it, when asked for names, she wouldnt answer. When pressed for names, her response was 'Come work for the white house and find out'

Yeah, uhm, ok. So there is no healthcare plan at all. The guy lied about it. He's 75 years old and basically the dumb kid in school who didnt do his homework.

He hates Obama so much its almost sad to watch.

He hates anyone who goes against him or criticize him.

Hillary, Bill, Obama, McCain, the list goes on and on.

He’s just so damn stupid...all the run on sentences and stuttering and stopping and the tangents and the insults.

I really find it hard to imagine what his life will be like when he’s out of office. He’s going to be very isolated.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Rocky wrote:

But can anyone explain how Trump’s foreign policy isn’t a smashing success?

One downside I find in that, is that the majority of his supporters voted for Bush/Cheney.  So they're sitting at home, rooting trump on, rah rah rah!!

Then suddenly, "George Bush got us into a 20 year mess!" and whoa, wait a second there fella, I voted for him.  Know your audience. It'd be like a new coach coming in and bashing a much loved coach who never won a championship (Don Shula in Miami, Jerry Sloan of Utah Jazz) etc. I wouldn't go mocking them yet trump seems to borderline mock Bush, again, the concern should be 'Are we mocking the same person my supporters voted for'. Will that be a slight turnoff.

The Iraq war, the current mid-east peace signings, is going to really hurt Biden in the debates. I don't think people realize what a hawk Biden is. He was pushing for military intervention to remove Saddam way back in 98'. A soldier confronted him about this before he went AWOL and jumped down his throat to stop disparaging his dead son. Wtf?

Trump has had 4 years to do something about Iraq and really hasn’t done anything different.

It’s perfect because as long as that Iraq war goes on the military as a justification for consuming so much of the revenue of the federal budget.

misterID

misterID wrote:

"Princeton University's president declared that racism is "embedded in structures of the University itself," so Trump's Education Dept took him at his word and opened a Title VI investigation into the school's federal funding"

LOL

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Petty man baby Trump banning TikTok on Sunday. Personally, I don't care about TikTok...but I didn't know we lived in a country where you can just ban things you don't like.

Seriously...is this all he has to worry about? If only he had this kind of reaction to CoVid....

misterID

misterID wrote:

Well... It has a little more to do with national security than man baby not liking it. Other countries have banned the app for the same reason also. If you have it you can still use it, and most likely they'll sell off the American rights to an American company and fix the spying issues at some point.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Well... It has a little more to do with national security than man baby not liking it. Other countries have banned the app for the same reason also. If you have it you can still use it, and most likely they'll sell off the American rights to an American company and fix the spying issues at some point.

Yea i don’t buy that...

I think this is revenge for what tiktok users did to his rally.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I seriously doubt he even knows what tictok really is. That conspiracy theory is pure tinfoil stupidity. A lot of people have been calling for a ban,especially people he listens to like Tucker, along with the allied leaders he gets along with.

Board footer