You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

You actually think McConnell is worse than Pelosi and Schumer? I think the cocaine Mitch hate comes more from his effectiveness than there being any difference between them. They are all well versed in political gamesmanship, no?

They are all engaged in shady political moves. Hell, they just sabotaged a covid relief bill by using the filibuster (which they plan on abolishing to push their agenda through) from even coming up for a vote, debate or to be amended by what *they* want. If you don't think that was over politics, I don't know what to tell you.

The stimulus bill the republicans wanted didn’t go far enough and that’s why the Democrats asked for more.

Looks like they’re about to get it.

Appointed a new SC justice right now is wrong and you know it.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Rocky wrote:

Let me reiterate since it wasn’t accepted the first time - if you bitched that Obama didn’t get to force the Republican Senate to accept his replacement of Scalia, you’re a complete fraud if you demand Republicans wait now.

If you supported the Biden rule in 2016, but now want to ignore it for political expediency, you’re a fraud.

If you want the filibuster repealed and the court packed, you lack any principles or convictions, and just desire power.

The dude using an alias/double account is calling people a fraud. That's awesome.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

You actually think McConnell is worse than Pelosi and Schumer? I think the cocaine Mitch hate comes more from his effectiveness than there being any difference between them. They are all well versed in political gamesmanship, no?

They are all engaged in shady political moves. Hell, they just sabotaged a covid relief bill by using the filibuster (which they plan on abolishing to push their agenda through) from even coming up for a vote, debate or to be amended by what *they* want. If you don't think that was over politics, I don't know what to tell you.

The stimulus bill the republicans wanted didn’t go far enough and that’s why the Democrats asked for more.

Which is why you bring it up for a vote where you debate and amend it. They could have added triggers, but they didn't even allow it to be brought up.

Okay, you think it's wrong, but it's still the president's right. Biden said he'd do it in '16 no matter how close to the election it was. So?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Rocky wrote:

Let me reiterate since it wasn’t accepted the first time - if you bitched that Obama didn’t get to force the Republican Senate to accept his replacement of Scalia, you’re a complete fraud if you demand Republicans wait now.

If you supported the Biden rule in 2016, but now want to ignore it for political expediency, you’re a fraud.

If you want the filibuster repealed and the court packed, you lack any principles or convictions, and just desire power.

The dude using an alias/double account is calling people a fraud. That's awesome.

Yea...it really is beyond ridiculous...

And it’s just uncanny how consistently he gives trump and republicans a pass.

And now he wants to discuss policy and argue semantics while:

1) children and parents are still being separated at the border
2) Corona is still ravaging the country
3) trump is holding live rallies with thousands of people basically aiding the spread
4) social and civil unrest
5) trump lies everyday about everything
6) unemployment is still off the charts terrible
7) a second stimulus is badly needed
8) trump has literally no major legislative victory outside of his tax cut for the rich and corporations
9) trump uses executive orders constantly after spending 8 years criticizing Obama for them.
10) trump spends most of his time golfing, watching network news and tweeting.
11) republicans plan to replace RBG despite just 4 years ago blocking an appointment under the same circumstances.
12) trump Threatens on a daily basis that he will not honor the vote in November.

All this and more and you want to debate policy?

What fucking policy?

It’s really disgusting what has been normalized over the past four years.

Rocky
 Rep: -7 

Rocky wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Rocky wrote:

Did I hit a nerve?  Normally you have something clever to say in your attempts to deflect, but you don’t have anything of substance this time. Did you or did you not condemn how McConnell handled Garland?  Why has your stance changed?  We all know why, but be honest and say it - you’ll support anything to promote victory for your side. Values and consistency be damned.

Now go write articles in print media about how 90% of the protests are peaceful and how the vandalism and murders don’t represent your chosen candidate. That white supremacist are to blame. Call Wray a hack. I’ll totally continue to believe you.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Rocky wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Rocky wrote:

Did I hit a nerve?  Normally you have something clever to say in your attempts to deflect, but you don’t have anything of substance this time. Did you or did you not condemn how McConnell handled Garland?  Why has your stance changed?  We all know why, but be honest and say it - you’ll support anything to promote victory for your side. Values and consistency be damned.

Now go write articles in print media about how 90% of the protests are peaceful and how the vandalism and murders don’t represent your chosen candidate. That white supremacist are to blame. Call Wray a hack. I’ll totally continue to believe you.

You’re right...white supremacists have never been involved...look at you, spreading your Fox News propaganda again.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Rocky wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Rocky wrote:

Name one person you suspect condemned him then and supports him now? Or supported him then but condemned him now.

Who are you talking about? What are you talking about?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Which is why you bring it up for a vote where you debate and amend it. They could have added triggers, but they didn't even allow it to be brought up.

Okay, you think it's wrong, but it's still the president's right. Biden said he'd do it in '16 no matter how close to the election it was. So?

Why does it matter what a person who had no power says about what he woulda shoulda done 4 years ago? Why does that matter?

They did vote too btw.

misterID

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Rocky wrote:

Yea...it really is beyond ridiculous...

And it’s just uncanny how consistently he gives trump and republicans a pass.

And now he wants to discuss policy and argue semantics while:

1) children and parents are still being separated at the border
2) Corona is still ravaging the country
3) trump is holding live rallies with thousands of people basically aiding the spread
4) social and civil unrest
5) trump lies everyday about everything
6) unemployment is still off the charts terrible
7) a second stimulus is badly needed
8) trump has literally no major legislative victory outside of his tax cut for the rich and corporations
9) trump uses executive orders constantly after spending 8 years criticizing Obama for them.
10) trump spends most of his time golfing, watching network news and tweeting.
11) republicans plan to replace RBG despite just 4 years ago blocking an appointment under the same circumstances.
12) trump Threatens on a daily basis that he will not honor the vote in November.

All this and more and you want to debate policy?

What fucking policy?

It’s really disgusting what has been normalized over the past four years.

1. This started under Obama because their parents broke the law, among many other reasons.
2. Yeah, like all over the world.
3-4. So are the protests. Some being manufactured by domestic terrorists.
5. Welcome to politics, mitch.
6. Because of covid.
7. Thank Chuck and Nancy.
8. Criminal Justice reform. Nafta reform.
9. Yup.
10. Yup.
11. Welcome to politics, mitch.
12. He says it would be rigged if he lost, not that he won't leave office.

misterID

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Why does it matter what a person who had no power says about what he woulda shoulda done 4 years ago? Why does that matter?

They did vote too btw.

Because... He's running for president now... And is arguing AGAINST what he argued for?

Biden in 2016: “I made it absolutely clear that I would go forward with the confirmation process as chairman even a few months before a presidential election”

No, it was not voted on. Just like Tim Scott's police reform bill, those bills were BLOCKED from even coming to the floor.

Board footer