You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saboteur
 Rep: 4 

Re: Richard Fortus interview - Blabbermouth.net

Saboteur wrote:
misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I agree, Ron just didn't fit that dynamic. That's why that 02 lineup worked, because it was so odd, with so many odd parts, they really complimented each other. Trying g to squeeze new pieces into it didn't fly.

Pretty honest take about Frank.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Huh, interesting that he sort of backs up Matt Sorum's take on the whole Duff/Frank chemistry, or (initial) lack thereof.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Did Tommy and all the others think Frank sucks? Does Richard? The whole anti-Frank thing with Slash and now I guess Duff, along with the fans, kind of baffles me. The product does not suffer.

Sky Dog wrote:

Frank doesn’t suck at all. Good news he isn’t a crack head or an asshole. I think he is solid. Sorry, but NOBODY outside of extreme hardcores gives a shit who the drummer of Gnr is.

elevendayempire

Sky Dog wrote:

Frank doesn’t suck at all. Good news he isn’t a crack head or an asshole. I think he is solid. Sorry, but NOBODY outside of extreme hardcores gives a shit who the drummer of Gnr is.

I'm inclined to agree. Frank is professional, he gets the job done, he seems like a nice guy. I can think of others I'd like to see drumming for GN'R – Brain, for one – but I don't get the hate-on people have for Frank. I don't think either of the previous GN'R drummers is a realistic prospect; Adler is seen as too flaky to carry a major tour, and Matt's well and truly burned his bridges with that book. So even in the unlikely event that GN'R were to boot Frank (and remember, Axl values loyalty), you're never going to get that mythical AFD/UYI line-up tour.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Frank has zero groove or chemistry with Slash and Duff, and he fucks up timing quite badly, to the point where some songs were unlistenable. YCBM from the last show GN’R played this year, I don’t know what the hell Frank was trying to do with the intro, but it sounded like a train wreck.

I really don’t know how you can’t hear his fuck ups?

Thing is, with nuGNR, I never noticed him playing so bad. It only seems to be since Slash and Duff returned, his drumming has gotten so much worse.

elevendayempire

So I guess the big question is, who would you want to see in Frank's place? Accept that Matt and Adler are no-gos; Brain is presumably busy raising his family and not down for touring. Josh Freese is a session guy and not interested in touring. Brent Fitz, maybe?

Miguelox26
 Rep: 5 

Miguelox26 wrote:

Frank es el puto donkey kong tocando la batera! Buen musico!....slash y duff desde que han entrado en la formacion hacen que frank toque de manera mas casual,menos profecional!...incluso suenan en conjunto menos preciso!.....y slash se carga los solos de la era chinese.....y no voy a descubrir las improvisaciones de slash ahora con canas!....la reunion no suena tan cojonuda como si sonaba nwgn,r.....cuestion de tiempo supongo!..... y rodaje....mucho rodaje!....mucho mito tenia la formacion con slash y duff!.....axl se ha rodeado de unos artistas en los ultimos años que ahora se hecha de menos la profesionalidad con la que tocaban!....frank a go go!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Put Danny Carey up there and the same people would bitch that he doesn't have the groove to play with Slash.

Tony Royster Jr would be awesome, and the amount of heads exploding from that choice would be phenomenal.

Board footer