You are not logged in. Please register or login.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

Re: New leak

harmon420 wrote:

The text file was the strongest piece of material in that zip.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Nah, I listen to it again and I really reminds me of Puff the Magic dragon .... tell me I'm wrong

14 16

yup

i gotta say it kinda does sound like Axl...but more like from the Live like a Suicide days recording...

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It's hard to tell.

At first i thought the rocker sounded fake. Reminds me of the sort of hard rock sound that people trying to rip off GNR did after their success..or the sort of slightly hair rock bands that just arn't GNR even though I like them. The cinderella type sounding bands out there. Then again...the bass is a lot like duff...and its a decent Axl sound on the rocker....it kinda sounds like RNDTH was in a threesome with YCBM and WTTJ and this is the baby...which I dunno if that makes it real and out of ideas, or old and before ideas became the things they became in other songs...or if its a copy putting together a lot of GNR traits into the one song. I think i'd like a studio version of it from GNR though lol.

The ballad is interesting. The clean voice didn't sound all that much like Axl - but maybe thats his natural tone these days - we don't hear it too often and this was recorded through a diswasher afterall. The rasp in places sounded very authentic. Something about the vibe of this song felt like him too - like although it's sort of simple its also got an insanely catchy melody in the middle...and from what I could make out of the lyrics sounded like it could be one of his contemplative sort of pieces.

I dunno i might have been sucked in hard but I can kinda hear some possiblity that it could be real in there.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

It also begs the question...if it is real...when is it from? Doesn't sound too much like a modern slash solo but maybe it's cos it's just playing around. Also it sounds like more of a rehersal room kinda recording - like live type recording rather than studio...but maybe from preproduction?

I will say real or not  i can imagine I would like the second half of that ballad a lot if Axl sang it in the studio lol - whole thing is kinda catchy to my brain.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
harmon420 wrote:

The text file was the strongest piece of material in that zip.

big_smile

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Gotta admit seeing ‘leak’ got me excited. So bored or waiting for something new from GNR....

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Certainly sounds like Axl, if it ain't that's one world class imitation... I would venture a guess this is quite old by the sounds? The ballad at least sounds like original Gn'R and it very much has the feel of  a woodshedding session. Not terrible...  The rocker is pretty bang-average sounding

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

yeah it does sound kinda old, like both from the arrangement (classic rock - no cd influence, no sign of Mel/Diz etc) and even Axl's rasp (although who knows what he can do after a rest and in a controlled setting), also the guitar didn't sound as advanced as most Slash stuff does. All very curious though - cos I can't help but think if its old how has it only come out now and not like 1000 years ago.

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Izzyjim wrote:

Brilliant fake of an old rehearsal recording, sounds like something from the 80’s.
Edit: listened to the ballad, if it’s real, fuck the leaker for letting us know that Axl once sang a “sha la la la” shit

Sky Dog wrote:

We get 2 mysterious leaks of random music from who knows where, Taylor Swift fans get 2 surprise albums in one year! axl

Board footer