You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: New leak

PaSnow wrote:
Izzyjim wrote:

Brilliant fake of an old rehearsal recording, sounds like something from the 80’s.
Edit: listened to the ballad, if it’s real, fuck the leaker for letting us know that Axl once sang a “sha la la la” shit

I kinda like it. Sounds early Eddie Vedder-ish. Reminds me of the underground PJ song 'Footsteps'. Something about the solo doesn't always sound like Slash, but I can't see how it wouldn't be really. Plus, some parts toward the end do. Could this be Hollywood Rose tho?  Maybe a garage studio type cassette recording, or an early shows soundboard bootleg?

Sky Dog wrote:

We get 2 mysterious leaks of random music from who knows where, Taylor Swift fans get 2 surprise albums in one year! axl

Agreed.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I kinda like it. Sounds early Eddie Vedder-ish. Reminds me of the underground PJ song 'Footsteps'. Something about the solo doesn't always sound like Slash, but I can't see how it wouldn't be really. Plus, some parts toward the end do. Could this be Hollywood Rose tho?  Maybe a garage studio type cassette recording, or an early shows soundboard boot

Yeah I sort of like it too - or at least I can see how done fully it could be pretty catchy in places.

I do wonder if it's old too - reminds me of that "Too Much Too Soon" song demo that was around years ago, something a little retro but in a way that goes well with Axl...I guess like how "Since I Don't Have You" works for him too.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

The only reason to not release new music is because Axl wants them to be the biggest band in music again, which is delusional.

If the reason is money, they could easily release it themselves in a pay per download model, not on streaming, that puts money directly in their pocket. There is obviously a base that would pay. I don’t know, maybe the label has something to say about that, but still. Fucked up.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

PaSnow wrote:

Something about the solo doesn't always sound like Slash, but I can't see how it wouldn't be really.

Could be Fortus, of course. Sounded a bit like his Wichita Lineman solo.

elevendayempire

I don't think it is Fortus tbh. There's a bit where the guitarist does a fast lick that sounds very much like the way Slash does fast licks, and not the way Fortus does (with a bunch of hybrid picking, usually).

AtariLegend wrote:

I'm in the 99.99999998% camp that these aren't real.

I think it might be a coverband singer trying to do their own original material.

Sky Dog wrote:

I am leaning to fake as well...pretty pedestrian one way or the other. neutral

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

Sounds fake and the songs are far too bad and basic. It sounds like it was recorded on a freeware 1990s music app

elevendayempire

Yup. Also the ballad intro sounds like a knock-off of Don't Cry. Like the sort of thing that "play guitar like Slash!" instructional DVDs used to do when they couldn't get the rights to license the actual songs.

vipicius
 Rep: 6 

vipicius wrote:

I wanted it to be real. tongue

Board footer