You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Slash casually refers to a new GNR record in a vague non committal way

monkeychow wrote:

Not sure if this is news worthy....or has already been covered...as lets face it...guys in the band make these kinds of comments a lot - but slash kinda admitted a GNR album is in the works at least....

Mind you we know Slash probably doesn't have final say on it anything happens or not and stuff has been in the works forever...but that said it seemed a little less evasive than his normal answer...and it was interesting he confirmed he has worked on GNR tracks in the recent past. Seemed better than the normal - 'it's so dangerous anything could happen' kinda answer.

While discussing a new solo album he said "Prior to that Duff and I did some jamming and we also worked on the new guns record" he went on to say "I'd like to think that we'd have some new stuff out next year - from both camps"

Obviously anything could happen given it's GNR, but the way he referred to THE new gnr record as opposed to ideas and jams and playing around...it gave the impression to me that there's something a little more solid out there now than there used to be.

All aboard the hope train 16

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Last year I bet my ass on new music...not making that mistake again.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Be cool if it happens

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but that’s the first time Slash has actually hinted at actually releasing something. Usually it’s just been, “we’ve been writing/recording etc etc”

So maybe 2021 will be the year for GN’R.

That said, Slash said he was working on 20 songs for SMKC, so could you imagine, a double album from them, and a single album from GN’R?

I’m thinking we need a triple album from GN’R to make up for lost time and so long between releases

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

It’s happening, isn’t it

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

All I need from them for now is a four-song EP. They've done well with EPs in the past (Live Like a Suicide, Lies, Live from the Jungle), just give us something to hold us over.

My vote: The new arrangement of "Better," plus "Atlas Shrugged," "Perhaps," and "Hardschool." And then take some time to put together a real album.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

I have nightmares of a new album written from scratch, with Axl singing anti-Trump lyrics over SMKC style riffs. Hoping for CD II with reworked Soul Monster, The General, ect.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

I have nightmares of a new album written from scratch, with Axl singing anti-Trump lyrics

Hahah I've been teasing smoking guns for a while that the new album will be an anti-trump concept album - and jokes aside I actually wouldn't rule out some type of political comments in the songs - Axl seemed passionate about it on twitter and we know from the UYI album he does know how to name names when people ire him. Although he does also seem happier these days, and CD lyrics were a little less direct than UYI...so who knows really.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

My vote: The new arrangement of "Better," plus "Atlas Shrugged," "Perhaps," and "Hardschool." And then take some time to put together a real album.

I would like these too but I also liked "Eye on You". I know the mac daddy but isn't for everyone but I do like the verse melody in the lyrics a lot...and some good old fashioned Axl screams in it too.

Meanwhile if we're remixing stuff - I sorta want a TIL with a Slash solo and more screamy lyrics like the other version had...hopefully some of the long lost CD songs do find the light of day...or even older stuff from say 94-96 that might have never been done.

Or maybe all new stuff...I know people get sick of Myles era music but I think guitar wise a lot of those riffs would make reasonable GNR if you run them through the Axl songwriting process.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Believe me, Monkeychow - my wish list was a bare minimum! I would love for them to record/finish a ton of the songs Axl has written.

I've only got low expectations because the band forces us to set the bar so low when it comes to new music ...

Board footer