You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

Re: What Gn’R related thing still excites you?

ClaudeF wrote:

This is a great thread. Of all the first generation rock legends, only Jerry Lee Lewis is still alive, and I don't think he plays anymore. Of the kids who grew up loving him, Little Richard, Elvis ... well, Mick and Keith turn 78 this year. McCartney will be 79. Dylan will be 80. If we are going to see any of them on stage ever again, it will likely be in the next five years or not at all.

Axl, Duff, and Slash made a ton of money over the last few years of touring. I can't imagine Duff and Slash retiring from music but I think it more likely they will focus on their own stuff because they've found individual outlets for their creativity. They've shown no signs of actively wanting to create new music together with Axl. After all this time, for them to not have added even one new track to the repertoire tells us a lot. Even though it's disappointing.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I guess I'd go a UYI box set. Would like to hear either re-engineered or moreso alternative takes. That, plus early stripped down demo's of some of them akin to NR acoustic & piano.

A tour with another band would be great, someone like the Black Crowes or myb AIC. Something to make it a bit more interesting than just GnR.  And a single on a movie soundtrack. Top Gun or Batman or something.

Sky Dog wrote:

So you just want to go back in time and relive 1989 to 1992. axl92

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

So you just want to go back in time and relive 1989 to 1992. axl92

Isn't that what we've all been doing? 16 16

Sky Dog wrote:

I don’t need your Civil War!!!! axl92

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Oh the irony...

Yesterday's got nothin' for me
Old pictures that I'll always see
I ain't got time to reminisce old novelties
Yesterday's got nothin' for me

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

Yeah the passage of time is a killer....and things like rotting monuments to the pop culture of your youth reminds you of your own mortality.

Same thing happens with celebrity deaths.

I also hate how time seems to move faster as you age.

I'm 45 years old....same age my mom was in the year 2000. How's that even possible? tongue

You know how quick 20 years go by? If I make it  I'll be 65, my mom and most relatives dead, and majority of celebrities from our youth dead.

In other words....we've got less than two decades left of anything resembling the world we grew up in....then it's all over. Lights go out.

If I could save time in a bottle....

It's weird and sad.  Time just goes by and things seem like they just happened yesterday.  Stuff like the OJ trial is closing in on the 30th anniversary and yet it seems like just yesterday to me.  Trying to explain how this was a phenomenon to anyone who wasn't alive or following this is difficult.  Just subtle things like that.

And yeah, Axl blew his prime by doing nothing (they all did really, except for Izzy who left on his own).

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

I literally check this forum multiple times per day just hoping for any new music, official or not. That’s all I want.

You can take the So Fine Duff Acoustic only demo and shove it though. Not interested in outtakes of already recorded Illusions songs.

Sky Dog wrote:

I think we have pretty much heard everything worth anything from the 86 to 91 period. I’m with you. I want a new song...just one fully recorded new song from Guns N Roses. axl

vipicius
 Rep: 6 

vipicius wrote:

I'm 23 years old and I like the band since 2013... And I'm already 'crazy' with this lack of release. So, I can only imagine what you feel.

What most captivated me about Guns was Axl, his way of singing and moving, it is mainly this feeling that he managed and can pass. I also think about saying that all this time was a loss of talent, I just hope that we are wrong and that there is something recorded out there, and that one day it will show, showing that he used that talent.

How did you not record material recently with your band? Not in this lifetime.
aaaaaaaaaaa

Board footer