You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Are they crazy ?

nugdafied wrote:

I don't really think it's all that strange. Maybe Beta gets a bit theatrical with it all, but that's her own thing. I know I let my wife go into places before I enter, just so I know from her vibes if it's cool or not. Maybe Axl didn't know Jericho from The Macho Man. I thought the interview went off well. Axl should get out & about like that more often, but not too much.

Robman
 Rep: 5 

Robman wrote:

Basically the book talks about how some of his ideologies center on homeopathic medicine, how he took Sharon Maynard (Yoda) on the UYI tour with him (even canceling a gig in Minneapolis because she said the magnetic fields in the area were not "conductive to a harmonic environment").

Also, how Axl supposedly used Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation that uses magnetic energy pulses to treat and restore depression triggers in the brain. Its supposed to be state of the art treatment that Axl has undergone to try and remedy his depression.

The book goes on to say
"These days it is often customary for potential employees of GN'R to have a photo of themselves and also their sons and daughters, examined by Maynard in an attempt to hijack those with a bad aura before they taint the singers life in any way. Those who could potentially harm Axl are spurned and this in some way explains Axl's bizarre choice of hire musicians - who on the surface resembled a complete hotchpotch of personalities."

Then it describes Axl's out burst at a Phoenix airport where he was worried a glass ball would be broken, saying to security, "I'll punch your lights out right here and right now. I don't give a fuck who you are. You are all little people on a power trip. I don't give a fuck. Just put me in fuckin' jail.

Lotsa interesting stuff, too much to type.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
the_real_jessica wrote:

Mole, i don't think beta needs any more money, why would she do something out of greed ?

She is not far from retiring now, is she ?

I wasn't referring to Beta. All I was saying is that more often than not these 'psychic' people (e.g. Yoda) are in the business of making money on the back of weakened people who seek help in all the wrong places. And in the process they take away all hope of said people actually helping themselves.

AtariLegend wrote:

The Audio: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7QKR4K60

For those that haven't heard...

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

In the Trunk/Axl interview that was apparently not pre-planned it always struck me as weird that one of the other guys says: "Axl, let me ask you this. I have to go there, I said I would, who do you prefer Maiden or Priest?".

As soon as he said that it struck me as a little odd. If they weren't expecting Axl to be there when had he planned to ask Axl which band he preferred? hmm

Thanks for posting this Atari!

He didn't say it was Beta, he said it was an older woman and that he was told later it was Axl's spiritual adviser, this probably was Yoda and not Beta at all.

I love how he said that Axl was one of the biggest Rock Stars in the world.  9

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

Thanks for posting this Atari!

He didn't say it was Beta, he said it was an older woman and that he was told later it was Axl's spiritual adviser, this probably was Yoda and not Beta at all.

I love how he said that Axl was one of the biggest Rock Stars in the world.  9

That makes more sense, I thought it was strange Beta supposedly doing it. I suppose it might not even be Yoda, he could have got a new spiritual advisor since the 90's. Either way, fortunately for us the studio smelt fine 16

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
downliner wrote:

In the Trunk/Axl interview that was apparently not pre-planned it always struck me as weird that one of the other guys says: "Axl, let me ask you this. I have to go there, I said I would, who do you prefer Maiden or Priest?".

As soon as he said that it struck me as a little odd. If they weren't expecting Axl to be there when had he planned to ask Axl which band he preferred? hmm

I don't believe for one second that the interview was not pre-arranged and in "safe" surroundings for him.

buzzsaw wrote:
downliner wrote:

I don't believe for one second that the interview was not pre-arranged and in "safe" surroundings for him.

Even if it was prearranged, who cares, it was a damn entertaining interview, I laughed alot during it and it was great to hear Axl on a show after such a long, long period of silence.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Maybe its all part of the act. You know perhaps he likes everyone thinking he's bonkers. Quite a cool party trick.

Board footer