You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

Re: Covid 19

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

Breathing problems... asthma of course along with decades of smoking cigs, weed in my teens-late 20s, and also smoked some hash, opium, and oxy

Major back pain

Haven't got an actual diagnosis but pretty sure I have neuropathy in my legs and also have that feeling in my hands occasionally

Arthritis

Acid reflux issues likely made worse by all the drugs going down my throat. In 2013 I had to get a minor procedure done to fix a small tear.

A fatty/enlarged liver along with any damage from all the acetaminophen

High cholesterol due to the drug addicts diet

Urinary tract issues

My hearing is getting worse.

Like Pasnow said, your body generally starts breaking down in your 40s and my lifestyle made it worse than it should've been.

Im probably a perfect candidate to potentially die from either option I choose.

Im not some loony antivaxxer screaming about the vaccine being the mark of the beast.

You wanna get 10 Covid shots and blow the doctor to get to the front of the line? Be my guest.

Im just in no rush to get something that may kill me and I don't give a fuck what media outlets that push big pharma in general are telling me to do.

The fact they intentionally bury stories about vaccine deaths is a red flag. People can potentially die from any vaccine...let the stories out.

I'll more than likely get the shot at some point....but it won't be peer pressure, the media, family, or twittering SJW zombies forcing me to do it.

I'll do it on my own timescale.... probably when the parks open this summer.

Even when you get the shot, it doesn't change anything. You still have to wear masks, gloves, social distance, and drumroll please....

You can still get sick.

In other words, I'll be risking my life to take a shot for something that could still kill me after I take it.

Great choices....

Sympathies and understanding from me as I also have a LOT of those issues as well.  And this is kinda related to the covid vaacine, a lot of these remedies have side effects.  I'm not anti vax and will get it soon.  But as an example, I occassionally use an asthma inhaler, I always get anxiety afterwards.  There's this pain reliever that gets rid of my osteoarthritis really well BUT I get ashtma/breathing issues and insomnia afterwards and it's probably habit forming if I had to take it daily.  Prostate problems/urinary problems, the urologist prescribed some med I never heard of.  I went and looked up the side effects of this drug.  It was like a long ass list and I passed on taking that drug.  As an aside, I reccomend Pumpkin seed oil for urinary/prostate issues, it works for me with very little side effects.

bigbri wrote:

I got the J&J one-dose today. I’ll let y’all know how it goes.

My brother got it.  He said like 4-5 hours later it all crashed on him and he felt a shit ton of symptoms (body aches, flu etc) but it only lasted a day.

Other family members have gotten the Moderna shots.   Arm pain +fatigue were the complaints there.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

@slashsfro

5.5 hours in and nothing yet ...

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:
James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:

Im not a spring chicken anymore.  The fears of my drug fueled youth came true...my body is breaking down as I stare down the barrel of 50.

Im not looking forward to rolling the dice on either one... regardless of what the exact statistics are for each path you travel.

There are currently young and old people in cemeteries and urns who wound up there days/weeks after getting sick or getting a shot.

I'm sure they'd all like a do over on their decision.... whichever it was.

You've been very open about your past with drug use. I was just wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing what it's doing to you in old age. I don't want to pry into your privacy but I assume you're an open book based on the things you've posted here over the years.

Breathing problems... asthma of course along with decades of smoking cigs, weed in my teens-late 20s, and also smoked some hash, opium, and oxy

Major back pain

Haven't got an actual diagnosis but pretty sure I have neuropathy in my legs and also have that feeling in my hands occasionally

Arthritis

Acid reflux issues likely made worse by all the drugs going down my throat. In 2013 I had to get a minor procedure done to fix a small tear.

A fatty/enlarged liver along with any damage from all the acetaminophen

High cholesterol due to the drug addicts diet

Urinary tract issues

My hearing is getting worse.

Like Pasnow said, your body generally starts breaking down in your 40s and my lifestyle made it worse than it should've been.

Im probably a perfect candidate to potentially die from either option I choose.

Im not some loony antivaxxer screaming about the vaccine being the mark of the beast.

You wanna get 10 Covid shots and blow the doctor to get to the front of the line? Be my guest.

Im just in no rush to get something that may kill me and I don't give a fuck what media outlets that push big pharma in general are telling me to do.

The fact they intentionally bury stories about vaccine deaths is a red flag. People can potentially die from any vaccine...let the stories out.

I'll more than likely get the shot at some point....but it won't be peer pressure, the media, family, or twittering SJW zombies forcing me to do it.

I'll do it on my own timescale.... probably when the parks open this summer.

Even when you get the shot, it doesn't change anything. You still have to wear masks, gloves, social distance, and drumroll please....

You can still get sick.

In other words, I'll be risking my life to take a shot for something that could still kill me after I take it.

Great choices....

Hey James sorry to hear of these ailments you have

I too am in my 40s and am about to turn 44.
I notice more aches and pains definitely and have had to adjust diet and exercise accordingly.

I certainly haven’t had the same history as you in terms of substances, but like most guys in my 20s and 30s I drank plenty and smoked plenty of weed .

It’s not the end of the road though my friend . Are you overweight ? (Sorry, again I feel you have been open about all this ) . That would be a big factor in terms of risk from covid. Losing weight and a better diet would extend your life decades potentially if the case

The vast majority of deaths from covid have been the elderly and those very unwell and most of those fall into problems from obesity

Get the vaccination gunners

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
bigbri wrote:

@slashsfro

5.5 hours in and nothing yet ...

Looks like they're pausing the Johnson & Johnson vaccine because of blood clots, but seems to be rare and more likely in young women.

I'm getting a Pfizer vaccine at 9:15 this morning. Nervous but I had to pull the trigger. Pfizer has the lowest chances/cases of side effects and is successful against nearly all strains, and they're giving them in my area until they're out -- then they'll start giving out Moderna, then J&J. Moderna kicked my mom and nieces asses when they got it, so I'm taking the opportunity now while I've got it.

Wish me luck, y'all. neutral

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

Wish me luck, y'all. neutral

misterID

misterID wrote:

Got it. Just waiting 15 minutes before I'm clear to leave. Didn't even have to get out of my car. So far so good.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Got it. Just waiting 15 minutes before I'm clear to leave. Didn't even have to get out of my car. So far so good.

Nice! Yeah, I wanted Pfizer too especially over J and J. But now I am worried about all of them. But also worried about Covid lol. I got my first Pfizer shot on 4/1. Not sure I want the 2nd.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I'm signed up for the second. No sense getting the first and not finishing it up.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Still no side effects from my J&J. I’m not worried about blood clots. Those 6 cases in 7 million doses were in young women. Likely they were on birth control, which gives a 1 in 1,000 chance of a clot.

Getting a vaccine is a big decision. I was nervous. But covid is much worse for some people. I hope none of us get to figure that out. I had a buddy on a ventilator for 6 weeks in June. He’s still mentally fucked up and likely will be forever. Maximum Bob, Buckethead’s early collaborator in Deli Creeps, has been documenting his covid case on Facebook. He got it in December and food still tastes bad and smells like car exhaust.

I’m not up for that type of gamble.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Almost 5 hours in and only a mildly sore arm.

Board footer