You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 129 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

When did i say i love the media?

mitchejw wrote:

I love the media.

That was like two posts ago 16

Yes...I'll clarify one last time...I like that exposes the hypocrisy of the people who live in this country. Especially the ones who think their shit don't stink.

It's a mirror...if you don't like what you see just know you're looking at yourself.


Can you elaborate, cause I'd really like to understand your point of view.  Are you saying Fox News is a mirror of America or that CNN, MSNBC, and the various forms of print media are mirrors.  I've never rioted and looted a target, firebombed a federal courthouse or police station, and never rioted in the Capitol.  I've never shot up a crowded mall or school, nor killed a child in a gang related shooting.  Admittedly I haven't watched television news save my local news station since election night, but I don't understand your argument here.  Regardless of source, these outlets are pushing a narrative and intentionally mislead or exclude from their "report" relevant details most people would consider.  I don't consider being spoon fed a narrative designed to increase ratings as a mirror, but look forward to your explanation.

James's Bill Hicks comment earlier in this thread is pretty spot on.  The media will have you believe the world is on fire, but as I look out my window at 1:28 on a summer Friday afternoon, i see some kids riding their bikes in pure bliss.

misterID
 Rep: 468 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

When did i say i love the media?

mitchejw wrote:

I love the media.

That was like two posts ago 16

Yes...I'll clarify one last time...I like that exposes the hypocrisy of the people who live in this country. Especially the ones who think their shit don't stink.

It's a mirror...if you don't like what you see just know you're looking at yourself.

This makes zero sense as you're talking about yourself. Unless you're meaning to? You post news stories that bend the way you want.

mitchejw
 Rep: 128 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:


That was like two posts ago 16

Yes...I'll clarify one last time...I like that exposes the hypocrisy of the people who live in this country. Especially the ones who think their shit don't stink.

It's a mirror...if you don't like what you see just know you're looking at yourself.


Can you elaborate, cause I'd really like to understand your point of view.  Are you saying Fox News is a mirror of America or that CNN, MSNBC, and the various forms of print media are mirrors.  I've never rioted and looted a target, firebombed a federal courthouse or police station, and never rioted in the Capitol.  I've never shot up a crowded mall or school, nor killed a child in a gang related shooting.  Admittedly I haven't watched television news save my local news station since election night, but I don't understand your argument here.

I mean it in a much more figurative sense. Not literal. From an economical standpoint they are doing exactly what's required to make the money. That's how it goes in this country. I shouldn't need to convince you of that. This is what the people demand. When the media supplies the good/service they are rewarded handsomely. The fact that this type of media presentation is in high demand is what makes it a mirror. From the 'characters' who deliver the stories to the background characters who interpret the news for you.

When on chooses to watch the news, they choose the person that frames the world the way they want to see it. The better that news anchor/org does, the more you see yourself. The more you see your values impressed upon the world through the lenses you look through. Yeah...it's sensationalism. That's American media all the way back to print news. Full of all the American core values...thus, making it all a mirror once again.

Americans loves the smell of their own bullshit.

mitchejw
 Rep: 128 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:


That was like two posts ago 16

Yes...I'll clarify one last time...I like that exposes the hypocrisy of the people who live in this country. Especially the ones who think their shit don't stink.

It's a mirror...if you don't like what you see just know you're looking at yourself.

This makes zero sense as you're talking about yourself. Unless you're meaning to? You post news stories that bend the way you want.

I love the media presenting you with hot steaming piles of shit and then watching the country scoop it up and swallow it down.

misterID
 Rep: 468 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:

I'm not going to touch your fecal obsession, but you're the one doing the very thing you're ranting about. Whatever point you're trying to make is hitting you square in the face.

mitchejw
 Rep: 128 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I'm not going to touch your fecal obsession, but you're the one doing the very thing you're ranting about. Whatever point you're trying to make is hitting you square in the face.

You’re right ID...’Merica is the best.

misterID
 Rep: 468 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:

You're very lucky to live here.

mitchejw
 Rep: 128 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

You're very lucky to live here.

Merica has no flaws...must always praise everything and whitewash our history to make me feel better about myself.

misterID
 Rep: 468 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

You're very lucky to live here.

Merica has no flaws...must always praise everything and whitewash our history to make me feel better about myself.

No, quite the contrary, despite our flaws we're still a country people would risk everything to come to, while spoiled, hateful, resentful, irrational children throw fits and have breakdowns when the smallest of praises is given to the country they reap so much from.

mitchejw
 Rep: 128 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

You're very lucky to live here.

Merica has no flaws...must always praise everything and whitewash our history to make me feel better about myself.

No, quite the contrary, despite our flaws we're still a country people would risk everything to come to, while spoiled, hateful, resentful, irrational children throw fits and have breakdowns when the smallest of praises is given to the country they reap so much from.

I think you love the country enough for everyone here ID...despite all the apathy you show to our growing list of issues.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB