You are not logged in. Please register or login.

davegnfnr2k
 Rep: 1 

Re: Wtf happened to…Sorry

davegnfnr2k wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
James wrote:

The instrumental version is from the Village Sessions leak.

I'm not sure if it should even be classified as GNR as it's fairly obvious it's the Giant Robot guys doing it.

It destroys the album version and I prefer it even though it has no vocals. It has an existential vibe to it that has been neutered on the album version.

Fortunately, it's very easy to pull the Rock Band isolated vocal and plop it on top of the instrumental demo.

imsorry the person, did that, and it sounds great.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

I've always loved the lyrics to this one. Yes they are rather "immature" but they are honest and dripping with venom. Axl's honesty is his strongpoint as a songwriter. I don't detect much difference in the demo, but the melancholy little intro they added live 2009-2014 (I haven't heard a NITL version, so I don't know if it's still there or not) is great.

I agree to a point, but his anger can bring out his worst and most corny, also. The "I'll kick your ass" line approaches Shotgun Blues territory.

davegnfnr2k
 Rep: 1 

davegnfnr2k wrote:
misterID wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

I've always loved the lyrics to this one. Yes they are rather "immature" but they are honest and dripping with venom. Axl's honesty is his strongpoint as a songwriter. I don't detect much difference in the demo, but the melancholy little intro they added live 2009-2014 (I haven't heard a NITL version, so I don't know if it's still there or not) is great.

I agree to a point, but his anger can bring out his worst and most corny, also. The "I'll kick your ass" line approaches Shotgun Blues territory.

sorry could have been great if it was not full of always whiny lyrics.

Board footer