You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: We don't really expect a new setlist do we?

Sky Dog wrote:

Down and out if anyone thinks adding Hardschool is good for the setlist! If that is the case, give me The Garden and stick to songs you wrote!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I think any change is good.

When you think the CD era songs are the "new" material and we've been hearing most of them for 21 years now, and it's even 12 years in the case of "rare" stuff like "If the World" since it's live debut.

Basically changing up the list is good.

That said...we have to be realistic...the band has an Acoustic ep, 2 cover EPs and 4 records to choose from.

There's only so different shows are going to get from each other really.

davegnfnr2k
 Rep: 1 

davegnfnr2k wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
davegnfnr2k wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

I think Slash's Hardschool is way better than the demo. It really sounds like a modern You Could Be Mine type rocker. On the other hand, I'm afraid that songs like Soul Monster are probably lost forever since they can't be easily "Slashified" in that manner. Why the hell couldn't Axl have just released CD II in 2015?

Slash's hard school was a disaster.  You really think that was good?
As for something like Soul Monster, not sure why Axl just doesn't let Fortus do the BH stuff Fortus can shred and would be able to handle all of BHs stuffbut of course Axl wants to give Slash pretty much all fo the CD solos that both Finck and BH did.  So dumb.

Slash improved Hardschool to actually sound like a Guns N’ Roses song. If you think that’s butchering it, then you don’t really like GN’R’s classic sound.

Hard School before Slash butchered it was already classic GNR sound.

Someone should repost the clip so we can all see how terrible it is.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
davegnfnr2k wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
davegnfnr2k wrote:

Slash's hard school was a disaster.  You really think that was good?
As for something like Soul Monster, not sure why Axl just doesn't let Fortus do the BH stuff Fortus can shred and would be able to handle all of BHs stuffbut of course Axl wants to give Slash pretty much all fo the CD solos that both Finck and BH did.  So dumb.

Slash improved Hardschool to actually sound like a Guns N’ Roses song. If you think that’s butchering it, then you don’t really like GN’R’s classic sound.

Hardschool before Slash sounds rubbish. Guitars sound like they were recorded on an Atari console. There’s nothing classic GN’R about it.

davegnfnr2k

davegnfnr2k wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
davegnfnr2k wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Hardschool before Slash sounds rubbish. Guitars sound like they were recorded on an Atari console. There’s nothing classic GN’R about it.

That is funny since when it leaked and I showed it to my friends they all thought slash was playing on it.
You are the only person I have ever seen claim that hard school clip was good.  But to each his own.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

The clip from soundcheck was 14 seconds....I reserve judgement until we get a full performance.

davegnfnr2k

davegnfnr2k wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

The clip from soundcheck was 14 seconds....I reserve judgement until we get a full performance.

Based on how slash plays all the other CD songs it will be terrible.

hell slash plays the Cd songs worse than DJ did and that is saying a lot

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

That’s because Slash is a riff based guitar player, responsible for GN’Rs classic guitar sound. And on CD, that guitar sound was missing.

If your friends honestly thought it was Slash playing guitar on the original Hardschool demo, then they have no idea what they’re talking about. The guitars on the demo sound like the rest of the CD album, not like Slash blues-based riff rock.

davegnfnr2k

davegnfnr2k wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

That’s because Slash is a riff based guitar player, responsible for GN’Rs classic guitar sound. And on CD, that guitar sound was missing.

If your friends honestly thought it was Slash playing guitar on the original Hardschool demo, then they have no idea what they’re talking about. The guitars on the demo sound like the rest of the CD album, not like Slash blues-based riff rock.

They probably just thought it was slash because it was a "new" gnr song they have never heard before.

Most people just hear a song with Axl and assume its with Slash

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Slash played the CD songs better than Axl sang Slither tongue

Board footer