You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Wtf happened to … I.R.S.

Sky Dog wrote:

I’ll take the album version....Bucket’s solo is just massive! bucket

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Really love this song. Axl really unleashes some venom. State of Grace is the only other song he comes close to matching it in the new era. I'll have to listen to the album version again. 2006 was a helluva year.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

I loved the leak when it first came out, from memory it was just the bit with scream. I always thought it could have been the theme tune to 24 which was pretty big at the time

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Could never get excited about it - BH's solo is tasty but that's about it. Axl sounds decent but it just isn't that strong a song for me. Another example of the kitchen sink been thrown at it production-wise. Is this the only song where Richard Fortus is audible? Is is that Paul Huge I hear in there?

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

jimmythegent wrote:

Could never get excited about it - BH's solo is tasty but that's about it. Axl sounds decent but it just isn't that strong a song for me. Another example of the kitchen sink been thrown at it production-wise. Is this the only song where Richard Fortus is audible? Is is that Paul Huge I hear in there?

Yeah, it's kinda ridiculous that it's impossible to tell whether it's Fortus, Huge, Bumblefoot or Finck laying down chords on many songs. In retrospect Axl should've committed to one lead player (be that Robin or Bucket) and a rhythm player (Fortus) and stripped out everything else.

Ironically if they can get their finger out of their collective arse, that's what we'd get with a new album.

Sky Dog wrote:

In the end, Chinese is not an album from a band. It was a ton of session players in a messy mix of parts Axl cobbled together. It’s amazing that it turned out to be as good as it was. Like the Illusion’s, you can pick and choose what you like, but the Illusion’s came from a band of 4 core guys and one producer.

Chinese core of Ax Tommy Finck Freese with Bucket putting the final touches on those original tracks would have the album in that Illusion worthy category.

Board footer