You are not logged in. Please register or login.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

Re: Will GNR release new music in 2021?

zombux wrote:

besides them not being "friends", they also aren't 20-25 anymore. people seem to ignore that fact quite a lot.

Will Guns n’ Roses release new music in 2021?

Yes, Q1 0%
Yes, Q2 3%
Yes, Q3 20%
Yes, Q4 9%
No. I can’t do this shit anymore. 69%
Total votes: 35
Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

They could be the best of friends and it wouldn't matter. They're not in their 20s crashing on each other's sofas anymore.

Look at Metallica, those guys still get along to a much better extent than GN'R. They aren't hanging around with acoustic guitars and jamming, but are coming to their writing sessions with ideas they each worked up. Some shit may get done together whilst in the studio but they're not doing shit the way they used to.

They have families and separate lives now. And rightly so they're all 50+.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Friendship is what allows you to suggest mods to songs without being a cunt though.

Like it would allow Axl to say to Slash "hey fucko, that solo in Absurd is the shit, but I notice when you jam it with Richard in rehearsal you shred out like motherfucker, maybe try another take and do it here in the control room?" and then Slash can say to Axl "Good call about that solo Fucko, by the way, seeing as the second verse was fucking epic, maybe we could have a third and fourth verse that isn't just half the first verse again?"

Then after an awkward glance, and a 35 year freeze on the project while you remorselessly practise black magic to kill the other guy, you laugh and realise that your friendship brings you together in hatred of cunts online like monkeychow who never wrote dick...and moreover...you get to call each other fucko.

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Izzyjim wrote:
Axl S wrote:

They could be the best of friends and it wouldn't matter. They're not in their 20s crashing on each other's sofas anymore.

Look at Metallica, those guys still get along to a much better extent than GN'R. They aren't hanging around with acoustic guitars and jamming, but are coming to their writing sessions with ideas they each worked up. Some shit may get done together whilst in the studio but they're not doing shit the way they used to.

They have families and separate lives now. And rightly so they're all 50+.

It's not necessarily friendship, but work. Bands are a business, their day job is to write songs, record, release and tour.

DtM51
 Rep: 6 

DtM51 wrote:

I was watching some of last nights show when I happen to notice Franks drum kit... it is wrapped in what to me looks like the stars from CD artwork. Probably means nothing.

Haters Gonna Hate
 Rep: 1 

They play in Chicago on Thursday 9/16 and Atlantic City the weekend before. If they don't  debut Hard Skool in CA or LV I can see it in Atlantic City then released the night of Chicago. Though like I said earlier, I would release the single the same day I play it live so that leaves CA, LV, or Chicago as the main spots I guess. That is pretty much it for big cities, IIRC Australian and Mexico dates got canceled. If we don't get Hardschool in Chicago I will start getting worried that Absurd was just released to promote the tour.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
Haters Gonna Hate wrote:

They play in Chicago on Thursday 9/16 and Atlantic City the weekend before. If they debut Hard Skool in CA or LV I can see it in Atlantic City then released the night of Chicago. Though like I said earlier, I would release the single the same day I play it live so that leaves CA, LV, or Chicago as the main spots I guess. That is pretty much it for big cities, IIRC Australian and Mexico dates got canceled. If we don't get Hardschool in Chicago I will start getting worried that Absurd was just released to promote the tour.

As obvious as this seems, why should we ever expect it?

Haters Gonna Hate

One thing that worries me is how Hardschool was being rehearsed too but now has been dropped. This makes me think that they were going to release one song to promote the tour and they went with Absurd because it is easier to sing. But Beta said Absurd was part of the CD so idk

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
Haters Gonna Hate wrote:

One thing that worries me is how Hardschool was being rehearsed too but now has been dropped. This makes me think that they were going to release one song to promote the tour and they went with Absurd because it is easier to sing. But Beta said Absurd was part of the CD so idk

If i recall correctly, Absurd was the first song on the alternates and Hard Skool was second. If HS was intended to debut on this tour it would make sense Absurd came first.

Haters Gonna Hate

Hmm that does make sense. Prostitute and TWAT are at the bottom of that alt list and there is no way Axl would be able to get through TWAT nowadays. Coma is pretty high on that list, though on a couple more recent performances he was like talk singing some of the end part.

Board footer