You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: Current Events Thread

That’s two sex offenders you’ve chosen to champion in the past week, Mitch. You’re doing god’s work!

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

If Democrats want a future, this is your guy. But he'd never get through a primary.

[/embed]

I liked him until I saw him in Bill Maher talk about Rittenhouse and get about 15 facts wrong in about 10 seconds. Said he traveled over state lines with a gun. He didn’t. Said the gun was illegal, it wasn’t. Just lazy man. Bill didn’t know the facts either.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

That’s two sex offenders you’ve chosen to champion in the past week, Mitch. You’re doing god’s work!

It's amazing, he has no self awareness.  "Let me compare innocent children being murdered to mentally disturbed rioters who actively attacked someone with a gun." What does Mitch have against kids? Supporting a child rapist was pretty bad, defending a child murderer is another level.

Randall Flagg

Arbery's murderers found GUILTY!  Seems like the right call to me. I bet no rednecks "smash and grab" across the nation as a result.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

It's amazing, he has no self awareness.  "Let me compare innocent children being murdered to mentally disturbed rioters who actively attacked someone with a gun." What does Mitch have against kids? Supporting a child rapist was pretty bad, defending a child murderer is another level.

Person does something bad....years later gets killed....therefore killing is justified...

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

As the illegitimate Wisconsin government run by thugs redraw districts again for the second time in 10 years…republicans in the state tighten their stranglehold. In a state Biden won…the representation will be 6-2 or 7-1 in favor of Republicans.

It’s no coincidence the architect of all this is from the same area as Rittenhouse’s sham trial.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

As the illegitimate Wisconsin government run by thugs redraw districts again for the second time in 10 years…republicans in the state tighten their stranglehold. In a state Biden won…the representation will be 6-2 or 7-1 in favor of Republicans.

It’s no coincidence the architect of all this is from the same area as Rittenhouse’s sham trial.

Sorry for your loss....

Randall Flagg

Anyone who has read the premise of the legal briefs for SCOTUS looking at Roe and Casey wish to express an opinion?

I’m heavily torn on this. I’m an advocate for abortion rights and agree that the 14th amendment protects the right to an abortion, but believe 40 week viable fetus abortions are horrific. The US has the most  unrestrictive  abortion laws in the world. Casey’s update to flaws identified in Roe are just as flawed today in my opinion. Viability can’t be the standard as that window is a moving target and will eventually occur immediately after conception. A 24 week old baby born without 21st century medical equipment has nearly no viability outside the womb, and it seems reasonable to assume late 21st century technology will make the viability threshold significantly lower. They’re already growing lambs in artificial wombs, so humans can’t be far off.

So with that flaw in mind, I do think a 15 week ban may be constitutional. If 90% of abortions occur before week 13, an extra 2 seems like a reasonable restriction to me. But I’ve known women who chose to abort at very late stages because some severe deformity or genetic defect was detected that would render the baby unviable after birth or the quality of life so abysmal that most people couldn’t stomach watching a child suffer that way. And I think that exception is important to protect.

Does anyone have a different perspective on Casey and where/when a viability demarcation can be moved beyond the 24 week threshold?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Sorry for your loss....

Wisconsin should be squeezed in between Mississippi and Alabama….

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

The mass shooting in Michigan today validates Rittenhouse….the student had a right to be there….he had a right to obtain a gun illegally to defend himself and this whole legal proceeding is a sham.

Board footer