You are not logged in. Please register or login.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

Re: Slash confirms “one or two” new songs by June

FlashFlood wrote:

Axl later said OMG was a demo so I wouldn’t be stunned if they did it.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Why, in God’s name, would anybody think they would re-release Oh My God?

1.It was redone in 2006 along with the BBF Silkworms. Absurd is basically the BBF Silkworms with a couple of Slash licks pasted in, so it's something they could do without much work.
2.It was on the leaked 2008 CD 2 list.
3.There was a glimpse from a soundcheck I think of a video behind had the band with lyrics from OMG, so this means the band have made a concert video for it.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

1.It was redone in 2006 along with the BBF Silkworms. Absurd is basically the BBF Silkworms with a couple of Slash licks pasted in, so it's something they could do without much work.
3.There was a glimpse from a soundcheck I think of a video behind had the band with lyrics from OMG, so this means the band have made a concert video for it.

On 3. on every show of the last your they had lyrics for OMG on the screen during YCBM.

4. Was on the setlist in 2018 as an alt.
5. Prior to RIR in 2011, it was soundchecked so was still kicking around then.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Axl S wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

On 3. on every show of the last your they had lyrics for OMG on the screen during YCBM.

4. Was on the setlist in 2018 as an alt.
5. Prior to RIR in 2011, it was soundchecked so was still kicking around then.

Plus, Axl has always regarded the released version as an unfinished demo:

Q: I love Oh my God, but it really sounds like a demo, why? I'm sure we all would love a new version.

A: Because that's all it was, only at the time having just got it together only Jimmy Iovine knew that who wanted it to sell their soundtrack. I saw segments of the movie which were good. As a whole later not so much but it wasn't ready yet then. I did write an experimental piece inspired by the bits I'd seen called "Daddy Can the Devil do Mommy and me?" ;D (Axl Rose, chinesedemocracy.com forum, Dec. 2008)

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Axl will be absolutely crucified in the media if he re-releases OMG as a "new" single. Any goodwill will be gone. He spent up most of that goodwill on Absurd.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

misterID wrote:

Axl will be absolutely crucified in the media if he re-releases OMG as a "new" single. Any goodwill will be gone. He spent up most of that goodwill on Absurd.

I doubt it'll cause much of a splash, tbh.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
misterID wrote:

Yeah, I don't see OMG.  The releases are going to have to have a mainstream (whatever that means at the moment) sound.

Sky Dog wrote:

Let’s just re-do all the Chinese Democracy era songs….what the hell.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I actually think OMG is cool, cos I've always loved the lyrics but the guitars were never on the same level. I could see a version with more "perfect crime" style playing would be a pretty fun number.

Although it would all take some getting used to mentally given how many years we've had the old versions!

I hope we see State of Grace and Perhaps soon too. Those were awesome tracks.

Couso
 Rep: 1 

Couso wrote:

I am VERY excited by this.. I love Hard Skool and personally couldn't care less if the songs they released were written in the fucking Mesolithic Age as long as its Axl Duff and Slash and it's Hard Rock and Roll.

I am totally bemused by people complaining "well I read that Axl first whistled the melody to Don't Cry when he was in primary school so for me it's not a valid song.."

Seriously I never thought we'd get them releasing music and I'm going to get my hands on all of it and play the fuck out of it with a massive grin on my face.. Freddie is sadly gone... Axl is the last rock legend singer standing.. let's get on board and enjoy it.

The dude from what was Sp1at hath spoken . they will release songs every now and again during the tour and then later release an album
GUNS'N'FUCKINGROOOOOSSEEEEESSS 9

Board footer