You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

Re: Slash confirms “one or two” new songs by June

ClaudeF wrote:
gavgnr wrote:

Good times. The leaks have been more exciting than the official releases. Methinks it’s time for another batch

Absolutely the truth - on both counts.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Hopefully Axl has finally figured out the lyrics for Quick Song.

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Izzyjim wrote:
misterID wrote:

I actually like it as it is lol

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

misterID wrote:

I'd laugh like a drain if it came out and he'd just left it as:
Oooh-oo-ooh, ooh-oo-ooh
So yeah-de-de-de-deaaah

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Izzyjim wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
misterID wrote:

I'd laugh like a drain if it came out and he'd just left it as:
Oooh-oo-ooh, ooh-oo-ooh
So yeah-de-de-de-deaaah

Better lyrics than Absurd 16

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Doesn't seem keen to do new lyrics.

When was anything last recorded with lyrics? The twat dance mix circa 2009? (By vocal style) I think is the most recent? Oh no actually maybe Rock the Rock for Warner bros?

Reunion single was 1980s vocals.

Rebuzz Tour was ~1999 recordings vocally and interestingly in the places in Hardschool that needed new vocals they just ripped parts out of Mac Daddy....

I mean I wanna be wrong and him to release all these songs finished, but everything post the AC/DC tour suggests we might be up for the 1999 songs redone with slash over original vocals then a long silence.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

I imagine the last time he did vocals in earnest would be in the 2006 timeframe. Songs like Shackler’s and Better clearly had different sounding Axl. There’s also the story of him recording vocals for Soul Monster i think on like xmas day. But yeah his newest vocals to date are Rock the Rock.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

We know he did vocals in late 06/early 07 and then did vocals in 07 for Bach's album. Fortus also said in November 2014 that Axl had been recording some vocals.

GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Richard Fortus took part in a workshop on November 20 in Sydney, Australia. You can watch video footage of the event in three parts below. A couple of excerpts follow (transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET).

"There's so much stuff that's recorded, there's so much stuff that was done. I mean, there's three albums' worth of material, easy…

"I know this week he's [GUNS N' ROSES singer Axl Rose] recording a lot of stuff, vocally.

Source:https://blabbermouth.net/news/richard-f … -its-ready

Plus we know he did that Loony Tunes song.

Basically we know he's done some vocals since that 98-99 period. How much? Who knows.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It seems he’s been doing more cut & paste work to songs than recording vocals. There’s obviously songs he’s worked on we’re not privy to, like General, Berlin, Soul Monster, so it might be there’s really no need to record new vocals if they’re not writing new music… again, we don’t know if they haven’t.

I’d love a recorded version of Wichita Lineman.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
misterID wrote:

I’d love a recorded version of Wichita Lineman.

Same, would make a great b-side or bonus track. It's one of the recent covers they've added recently that sounds suited to how he currently sounds. Some fans rag on it being in the set and I get why, cause we're hungry for new music, but performance wise it's actually a bit of a highlight these days - it actually sounds good.

Board footer