You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:

no one should threaten to murder our citizens and elected officials.

Obviously.  Which is why it's stupid she went in the first place.  Because if China did do something to her, we couldn't not retaliate in the most severe fashion possible.  Why are you glad she went?  What do you think it accomplished?

The same reason Trump was right to put tariffs on them and fuck with them and poke the bear. Was it the best outcome? No, prices went up. But you can’t act like a coward or they’ll eat your lunch. If you think Taiwan is a country, show it.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Mar-a Lago was just raided by the FBI

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:

Mar-a Lago was just raided by the FBI

Doesn’t bode well on so many levels.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

I bet the Republicans are secretly hoping (sane ones anyway) he goes down for this (mishandling classified federal documents).  He can't run for president as he'll be disqualifed from holding any office in the USA.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I agree with that. But the catch is the precedent this sets. Republicans are definitely going after Hunter and Hillary now.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

The raid on Mara-largo is shocking and just more reason why people think there is a 2 tier Justice system. I am DeSantis all the way but this was fvcking bullshit.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

The raid on Mara-largo is shocking and just more reason why people think there is a 2 tier Justice system. I am DeSantis all the way but this was fvcking bullshit.

No it's not.  Get out of the Fox News bubble.  You need a judge to sign off a search warrant on this.  That means there was evidence /probable cause that this occured.  The feds don't just search places without some shred of evidence.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

No it's not.  Get out of the Fox News bubble.  You need a judge to sign off a search warrant on this.  That means there was evidence /probable cause that this occured.  The feds don't just search places without some shred of evidence.

Ummm, they pick and choose. If this was Hilary they would, oh wait, did nothing. If this was Comey they would oh wait, they did nothing. They could have subpoenaed him. There was no need to “raid his house”. He wasn’t even there so it wasn’t like they are going to catch him in the act of destroying evidence. If they do not spell out what is in the warrant soon (I know they do not have to and can claim it is an ongoing investigation) people will suspect it was a nothing burger. The FBI can’t be trusted here..

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

If DeSantis runs they will do the same shit to him.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

This is a unique situation, they (Wray or the AG) need to tell the American people what is going on. I don’t want to hear “we don’t comment on an ongoing investigation”. They just raided the former president’s home. They need to say why.

Board footer