You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

Re: SOG single coming?

ClaudeF wrote:
James wrote:

One more thing about any potential release of Seven....

Can't wait to see if my hunch is correct that the final/polished version will include the Alan Shepard Freedom 7 clip that is on Devious Bastard.

I know it's a leap...but that would be some coincidence for  Devious to include a reference to Seven while there's also a separate song with the name.

That would be epic!

Has anyone identified the other clips like, “Devious bastard!” “All men have these powers”  (sounds like it is from a documentary) and (I might have misheard it) “Shall we go now”?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Not to be a party pooper but that stylised way to spell Seven as Se7en was also the way the film spells it right?

Which gives a lot of people a reason to have entered it into a spotify search, and there would be a lot of cross over between the audience for a thriller like Se7en and GNR, meanwhile Trent composed the soundtrack for the film and trent's guitarist plays on a different GNR album...not saying it won't happen....just saying there's grounds for the algorithm to make it's own connections too...

That said...that soundcheck really does sound like Oklahoma...so maybe something is happening.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Blackstar wrote:

It's also a bit weird that Brain would be present at soundcheck (and standing next to Frank), if he was there only for Melissa, and they're not even supposed to be dating anymore, but only working together - unless he's been there because he and Melissa have been working on something of their own.

Another - a bit far-fetched - scenario is that Frank is about to step down, maybe because of his recent marriage, so Brain is preparing to take over.

I mean, the Occam's Razor explanation is simply that Brain was paying his old bandmates a social visit, and he's standing next to Frank because… they're both drummers and they have plenty in common to chat about.

NGL, though, the (faint) prospect of Brain rejoining has me salivating; that'd pretty much be the dream line-up. Plus it would make sense, since Brain would be able to work with Melissa on their soundtracks and stuff while they were on tour.

Hey, and maybe they could tweak Hard Skool for the album release and put Brain's drums back on it.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Not to be a party pooper but that stylised way to spell Seven as Se7en was also the way the film spells it right?

Which gives a lot of people a reason to have entered it into a spotify search, and there would be a lot of cross over between the audience for a thriller like Se7en and GNR, meanwhile Trent composed the soundtrack for the film and trent's guitarist plays on a different GNR album...not saying it won't happen....just saying there's grounds for the algorithm to make it's own connections too...

That said...that soundcheck really does sound like Oklahoma...so maybe something is happening.

I've done the search myself using a Swedish VPN, not signed into the account, in an incognito tab. Absurd appears in the results for matching songs and every other song in the results actually includes "seven" or "7" in either the title, artist name or album name. Absurd is the outlier.

Truthfully it is weird, you can search these terms and get a lot of results where it makes sense what you get back because everything has what you searched or part of the term in title, artist name, album name, and then in amongst that is totally unrelated Guns N' Roses.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

^ yeah...from memory Brain and Frank were friends too right? Like didn't Brain actually recommend Frank when he wanted some time off? I mean I hope it means we get an album or something, but it could just be buds hanging out.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

monkeychow wrote:

^ yeah...from memory Brain and Frank were friends too right? Like didn't Brain actually recommend Frank when he wanted some time off? I mean I hope it means we get an album or something, but it could just be buds hanging out.

IIRC Frank's intro to the band came through Fortus, they're long-time collaborators. I will never tire of posting this video with their lamentable 1990s fashion choices.

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Izzyjim wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

IIRC Frank's intro to the band came through Fortus, they're long-time collaborators. I will never tire of posting this video with their lamentable 1990s fashion choices.

That's not fair dude! Sure, it's hilarious 14  but it was the 90's..
People dress differently at different stages of their lives.. Having said that, thanks for the video, I needed that laugh smile

Kikkoman80
 Rep: 2 

Kikkoman80 wrote:

I want PERHAPS and ATLAS!

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

yeah perhaps would be awesome, and state of grace. I really want some version of Eye on You as well...I love the verses before the mac daddy stuff...it's a great melody for a song.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

yeah perhaps would be awesome, and state of grace. I really want some version of Eye on You as well...I love the verses before the mac daddy stuff...it's a great melody for a song.

I want the next single to be something that wasn't leaked (with vocals) like Oklahoma or Soul Monster. And not just for the selfish reason of wanting stuff I've never heard before, but also because until we get such a track I'm going to be nervous that Axl is just releasing songs that have already leaked.

Board footer