You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: SOG single coming?

Sky Dog wrote:

That’s very possible..

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

I have to say, I do like the idea of a UYI 3 album, released simulatenously with the box set. But, like always it's too good to be true.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I can half see them making a UYI3 cos it fits in a way with the style of how Axl was always making new things be part of the old brand...like wanting the new guys in the hall of fame, the new band doing mostly AFD tracks, calling proposed other albums just 'Guns N Roses' etc.

Like in a way releasing a bunch of the bucket era stuff but redone as UYI 3 more than 30 years after is very them 16

But on the other hand, even though they never maximise an opportunity, if they were really going to release a follow up Part 3 to coincide with the Part 1+2 anniversary that would be worthy of a marketing blitz to end all marketing! Like you shouldn't be able to shit without your poo coming out in a solid diamond deluxe box set and 50 pages of speculation about the tracklist, the lead single should be the actual soundtrack to the end of the world or something. Like even for them...where they do things their own way, they just haven't done enough for me to believe there's UYI 3 as the concept because even a phoned in lazyand semi top secret effort would have mentioned it by now.

But I think it's time we got a new EP or something big_smile

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

Still nothing from the band, label saying releases are getting slotted, nothing else. An industry news text went around claiming gnr are at Glastonbury next year with Arctic Monkeys and Elton John, Gnr on the Saturday, and the Glasgow date is still open, according to promoters. And there is no forthcoming solo Slash material or tour on the horizon, so it looks like GNR are possibly touring next year, at least. The online German dates and Oslo are fake though

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Still nothing from the band, label saying releases are getting slotted, nothing else. An industry news text went around claiming gnr are at Glastonbury next year with Arctic Monkeys and Elton John, Gnr on the Saturday, and the Glasgow date is still open, according to promoters. And there is no forthcoming solo Slash material or tour on the horizon, so it looks like GNR are possibly touring next year, at least. The online German dates and Oslo are fake though

Releases are getting slotted meaning GN'R releases are being lined up?

Sky Dog wrote:

The whole new album-ep-single thing is well beyond silly. Since 1991, we are on 17 officially released original GNR songs. It still remains mind boggling.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

We’ve waited for CD II longer than we’ve waited for CD.

Stay of Execution was a good album name. Axl just doesn’t give a shit.

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:
Axl S wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Yeah I’d like to know the answer to this too

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Still nothing from the band, label saying releases are getting slotted, nothing else.

I still have a glimmer of hope of a surprise album release, particularly in view of the Spotify search results.

Yeah, I know, I must be crazy big_smile

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
Axl S wrote:
sp1at wrote:

No idea lol ? I've got the Uni contacts now but it's like pulling teeth getting any info.

Board footer