You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Baz talks about the general and the "trilogy"

Neemo wrote:

from HTGTH

anythinggoes II  wrote:

This is from the July Classic Rock

So We've heard Axl sing on your CD, when are we going to hear him sing on his own?

Its coming dude. And i can say that because i have heard it. It Exists! I was at a Christmas party at his house last yearand he played me all of Chinese Democracy - Four Albums - worth of Material. The heaviest song is called The General. Its so demonic and Evil. Ive never heard Axl sing as high as he does on that - except for maybe on my record.

So whens it coming out?

He's got a whole release schedule planned out. The song i love, The General, i said "when can i put this in my Ipod?" Axl goes, "2012". And im like "Huh", So he says, "Well, this song has to go with this song, and this song has to do with this,and this song is the end of the parable trilogy...." He's like George Lucas, Dude!

Sorry no links had to type this from Magazine

Funky Monkey wrote:

On Angel Down, he plays out his rock'n'roll fantasy. The album sounds straight out of 1991 - with all the ball-tearing riffery ( Back In The Saddle, Love Is A Bitchslap), Bach's high-pitched scream ( Stuck Inside), Bon Jovi-esque power ballads ( By Your Side) and the occasional cameo by Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose. Bach returned the favour on Rose's long-delayed solo record, Chinese Democracy.

"Dude, there's at least four albums of material," Bach says of his friend's disc. "I said, 'Axl, I love this shit, when is it coming out?' And he says, 'Like, 2012.'")

http://www.smh.com.au/news/gig-reviews/ … 32448.html

So before he was tooting his horn about Sorry...now The General is his favorite track..and from this it appears that Axl has a general tracklist planned out for the 23 albums and that they want the 3rd disk out by 2012? if its true we'll get like 3 albums in 4 years? 11

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Axl Rose is a lot like George Lucas. I like that comparison.

It seems like he just switched Sorry to The General and gave the same interview over... but if it's true then put it out. By 2012 Axl might not be able to do those live shows so you might as well put out the material now.

Sky Dog wrote:

his comments are bordering on disturbing...:nervous:

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Here's hoping this actually comes true. Not just for us, because if it doesn't Baz will look like an idiot.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Not gonna happen.  After CD disappoints, there will be no trilogy.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

WTF?  Did we just go through a time warp back to 2001?  We're right back at the trilogy bullshit. 

I hope this is true, but I have a hard time taking anything Baz says seriously.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I guess 'Axl Lucas' had a time schedule even back in 2001, but that was a bit different. It's ridiculous and typical Axl. If you can't get something done, then be much more ambitious and have even bigger and harder aims.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

I think somebody said it in another thread recently, but I'll echo it.

Let's get one album out first, then start talking about a trilogy.

Sky Dog wrote:

Old Buzzsaw.....like a breath of fresh, spring Tn Mountain Air.:laugh:

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

I guess 'Axl Lucas' had a time schedule even back in 2001, but that was a bit different. It's ridiculous and typical Axl. If you can't get something done, then be much more ambitious and have even bigger and harder aims.

Hate to say it, but you probably just hit the nail in the head there.

If Mr. Rose appeared more remote [in 2002], his vision of the project became more grandiose, people involved with the band said. He directed that music produced by Mr. Baker be redone again, those people said. He now spoke of releasing not merely one album but a trilogy. And he planned one very big surprise. - NYT

Whereas in '99, the concept of two separate albums came about.

Guns N' Roses are preparing to end their lengthy silence, as they finish up work on two new studio albums, both of which are being produced by Sean Beavan and expected to be released simultaneously in October.

The two, as yet untitled, albums feature the new line-up of vocalist Axl Rose, guitarists Robin Finck and Paul Huge, keyboard player Dizzy Reed, drummer Josh Freese and bassist Tommy Stinson. One source close to the band describes the new material as being, "Cleaner and fatter, but completely Guns N' Roses. Despite the rumours, there's no hint of any techno or industrial influences." - Metal Hammer, 08/14/99

The trilogy, as a concept, is an obvious afterthought. Some of the songs that'll be featured in this 'trilogy' will be the same ones that were around for the '99 album, only now spruced up with additional production and Bucket/BBF solos. However, this goes to show that Axl never lacked the songs to round up two separate albums. He was always investing in more than one. Whether the albums (if ever released) will effectively form a cohesive trilogy, that's anyones guess.

In early 2006, the band was working on 32 songs, with 26 almost completed. As of Christmas '07, this batch of songs now has 13 completed songs, with another 13 'almost complete', and 6 in the dark. Still, 19 songs divided between two albums means they still have a good number of tracks to work on.

Board footer