You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: If GNR releases nothing in 2023, is this the end for you?

Hey, has anyone tried dropping the isolated Perhaps vocal onto that rehearsal clip, so we can at least hear an approximation of the full-band performance?

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

elevendayempire wrote:

Hey, has anyone tried dropping the isolated Perhaps vocal onto that rehearsal clip, so we can at least hear an approximation of the full-band performance?

Here you go https://we.tl/t-OzIjChZHa2

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Shacklermyrye wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Here you go https://we.tl/t-OzIjChZHa2

Oh damn, that sounds sick. Wish they'd hurry up and release/perform it for real…

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

Nice! They need to get this out there!

Shacklermyrye

Hopefully they will soon

Shacklermyrye

JimiRose from MYGNR mentioned he follows Creative Works London on FB, they are the company who has made the big screen video stuff for the past few years. He posted to them "Hope you have something good for the General, it warrants it!" and they reponded with a shocked emoji to his comment then commented "Who is this person the General that you speak of ?" https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=74 … &ref=notif

They have probably have made a big screen video for The General & Perhaps given there both on the setlist. I wonder if they are more careful with there security than GMatter/TV used to be. There the company that used to do the same role for the band around 10 years ago & thats where the Prostitute video, CD video, Stageplan mockups and that live 2010 gig came from. Along with other short clips.

Hopefully there security is more robust....

Sky Dog wrote:

I just listened to The General cellphone recording. It’s sounds pretty wicked! Damn we got fucked.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Nice work, Shacklermyrye! Those little snippets sound more interesting than half the CD tracks. The lyrics (or the best guess thereof) sound like Axl describing a pit of depression. He should've gone there earlier.

Having said that, the only release I expect is posthumous. Much of the vault would have to be pried off the cold, dead hands of the frontman, nigh literally. Why so? His dark side is an insecure man-baby with a bad narcissistic streak. Only perfection (in his head) will do, and the music industry (Geffen/Uni) stopped coiling around him at around the year 2000. So, nobody there's pampering him and giving him the ungodly monies and attention as they used to in the UYI days. Of course, he always finds others to blame it on, instead of ever saying the buck stops with him.

Following this band is like watching a progressive disease. There's a glimmer of hope here and there, a false dawn. Then it all goes dark again. Did you know that TSI? and CD were both released on Nov 23rd, 15 years apart? No album this November and the band will set a new internal record in not releasing a record.

Shacklermyrye

sp1at wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
sp1at wrote:

The PRL/Thyme thing dates back to 2000. At that point, there were two albums for release. Around 2006 there were three albums due for release, despite there being 2 and a half albums worth of material. They were to be released 2 years apart, then there were plans afoot for a reunion, but I'm not sure Axl was ever aware of this, or if it was driven by him. I don't know. It was supposed to happen on the 25th anniversary of afd

Beltrami told someone on my site years ago that Seven was based on the movie of the same name.

The movie thing I did know from somewhere I guess that's why some people call it Se7en. There's a bit of a repeating theme from songs back then about killers CITR,Zodiac,

Did Beltrami tell you anything about any guest appearances on The General from a female singer? There were reports of it in 2003 on a few sites, though seems largely forgotten by the fanbase. Sarah Brightman, Andrew Lloyd Webbers ex wife.

I think the Sarah Brightman thing was fake. I didn't get much from Beltrami. I posted email addresses so others could try. I tried Sebastian Bach too ages ago, but the guy, he's lovely, but he was so vague. He tried describing the song, but I couldn't post what he said because there was nothing of note lol. I tried one of his ladies too, I remained friends with her for a long time, but again, it never offered any info

Zodiac came from a journalist, the one who said it sounded like Teen Spirit/Nirvana

I sought out and got a copy of Opera magazine from 2003 that she was meant to have had the interview in and can confirm it's bullshit they never interviewed her.

Shacklermyrye

And thanks Apex-twin 22

Board footer