You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: If GNR releases nothing in 2023, is this the end for you?

misterID wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

Nice work, Shacklermyrye! Those little snippets sound more interesting than half the CD tracks. The lyrics (or the best guess thereof) sound like Axl describing a pit of depression. He should've gone there earlier.

Having said that, the only release I expect is posthumous. Much of the vault would have to be pried off the cold, dead hands of the frontman, nigh literally. Why so? His dark side is an insecure man-baby with a bad narcissistic streak. Only perfection (in his head) will do, and the music industry (Geffen/Uni) stopped coiling around him at around the year 2000. So, nobody there's pampering him and giving him the ungodly monies and attention as they used to in the UYI days. Of course, he always finds others to blame it on, instead of ever saying the buck stops with him.

Following this band is like watching a progressive disease. There's a glimmer of hope here and there, a false dawn. Then it all goes dark again. Did you know that TSI? and CD were both released on Nov 23rd, 15 years apart? No album this November and the band will set a new internal record in not releasing a record.

If they’re openly rehearsing new stuff with Axl even singing, I’d say new releases are coming

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Axl wasn't singing in the Perhaps rehearsal though, it was a backing track, same vocals as the Village leak.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Could be, but I thought I heard him singing over a backing track in a low register

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

misterID wrote:

Could be, but I thought I heard him singing over a backing track in a low register

I think they were backing vocals by band, axl vocals were pre recorded, they must of been rehearsing the song to a click track.

He has been singing at some soundcheck stuff though, just not on that clip of Perhaps.

Dani_1455
 Rep: 3 

Dani_1455 wrote:

Some thoughts that I have about songs that may be finish. Axl talked about 32 songs were worked at the time, 26 of 32 were nearly done, 14 have been put in Chinese Democracy that leaves us with 12 songs, Hardskool and Absurd have been released so 10 songs right now, I think that Billionarie, P.R.L, Real Doll.com and Dub suplex are songs not finished and abandonded completely and I do think that Axl didn't even reffer to them when he point out the 32 songs worked, I just think this because are too industrial and not match with the references of Axl saying that CD2 was going to be more darker. Matching with this description Circus Maximus is probably not finished.

In Hardskool were pieces of vocals from Eye On You that makes me believe that it has not been finished.

Perhaps, Atlas, Quick Song, Mustache, Zodiac, Tonto, State of Grace, Oklahoma, Devious Bastard, Dummy, D Tune, Curly Shuffle, Nothing, Thyme and As It Began. This are the last choices. I know that are other songs that I have not put like Ides Of March, but Sp1at confirmed that It was not finished in that time

If CD2 was ready to be released these might be the tunes that are left with vocals:

Perhaps: leaked in 2019, we already hear it.

Atlas Shrugged: Intended to be in Chinese Democracy so finished also.

The General: Played at a party, for sure completed.

Soul Monster: Axl talking about one of the heaviest things he have done and also saying that he sang the chorus on Christmas makes me believe is finished also.

Oklahoma/Berlin: We have only heard an instrumental but was put it as an alternate song to Rhiad in House of Blues concert 2001 (some forum members here I think that confirm this), also the fact It has lyrics makes me believe It is finished for sure.

As It Began: There was a song played in the Vienna party where The General was played and someone described It as a piano song, the fact that Ron confirmed that nothing new was created from 2008-2014 makes me believe It could be this tune, even if this one is not sure there is for sure another song with vocals because if It is played in a party It has to be finished I think

State of Grace: It has scratch vocals, the fact that has vocals makes me believe It was finished in a later time.

Quick Song: Axl talked about in 2008, and has like a melody voice put in the version leaked, probably finished in a later time.

Oh My God: We already hear it and seems like a personal favourite tune from Axl

Seven: Brian talked about It when he was questioned about what tracks he liked more, I think that if he named It's because It is finished.

I leave my opinion here about this topic that has been discussed almost every year, if somebody thinks something is incorrect or has something that I can add, just quote me, thanks!

Kikkoman80
 Rep: 2 

Kikkoman80 wrote:

Beautiful everything.
But I would already be happy if they published PERHAPS, ATLAS and STATE OF GRACE.
Obviously with different titles, I guess.
With ABSURD and HARD SKOOL they did a good job.
I hope they do the same for those three too.
PERHAPS it should be forthcoming.
The others you mentioned... I don't know what to say.
In my opinion, having the three I mentioned would already be great.

Sky Dog wrote:

I’m thinking The General more after hearing the phone thing. It just sounds nasty. Perhaps is good but we need something to knock our socks off.

Dani_1455

Dani_1455 wrote:

@Sp1at is this guest that you talked about still in plans for Glastonbury?

Thanks in advance

Dani_1455

Dani_1455 wrote:
Kikkoman80 wrote:

Beautiful everything.
But I would already be happy if they published PERHAPS, ATLAS and STATE OF GRACE.
Obviously with different titles, I guess.
With ABSURD and HARD SKOOL they did a good job.
I hope they do the same for those three too.
PERHAPS it should be forthcoming.
The others you mentioned... I don't know what to say.
In my opinion, having the three I mentioned would already be great.

I think that are the songs finished but some of them are not going to get released right now with Slash or Duff.
Probably only 4 of them and Perhaps and The General are 2 of them!

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Dani_1455 wrote:

@Sp1at is this guest that you talked about still in plans for Glastonbury?

Thanks in advance

I wonder who it could be. Elton John's playing Glasto, so maybe they could bring him out for November Rain.

Board footer