You are not logged in. Please register or login.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

Re: The General and Monsters

AgesOfTheIce wrote:
younggunner wrote:
James wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

the best thing about you and this forum is it was the only true forum for the fans that didn't kiss the bands or TBs butt for speical perks. Its why this is the only GNR forum I go to anymore.

One of the reasons I felt ok taking the hard stance I did is because I knew the Axl from our youth would have respected it. Maybe he did respect it in 2006-8.

He joined HTGTH, mygnr, CD.com and Evo in 2008 for chats.

Guess which one he didn't actually post on?

It pissed people off but it was a nice gesture. He didn't have to sign up at all. Could have ignored us like he did those other forums like newgnr, GNRsource, gnfnr, etc.

When the official GNR site posted the chat transcripts, they linked to the transcripts posted here instead of the others.

James, what happened to the gnfr forum?

Not sure what the complete story is, but it's talked about here: https://www.badapplesforum.com/index.ph … our-forum/

rose22
 Rep: 12 

rose22 wrote:

I like them both. The second one I really, really like. What’s strange to me is I hear old clips of The General in both songs. Like it’s one song. If tyme, state of grace, Atlas, seven are included in the December release, I’ll be very happy.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
James wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
James wrote:

Everyone forgets the interludes... probably because it was only mentioned once.

Both these songs may have initially had an interlude sandwiched between them.

I wish we could've had the real Chinese Democracy before the leaks and long wait got out of control.

Even if the track list largely stays the same, it could've been different.

the interlude is eye on you tongue

When listening to those discs I did wonder if some of that stuff was possibly used for interludes.

A shortened As It Began has interlude written all over it. So does Nothing.

The long CD intro on the album may have been a surviving interlude. Years earlier it might not have opened the album..but been the bridge that leads to another track.

Like Robin said in an interview when he left Gnr in 1999, there was a ton of stuff  back then,  and a good portion of the songs were just  song ideas and not completed songs.    He also said in 1999 when he left a lot of that stuff did not have lyrics either.

From  what I remember he also talked about or maybe it was someone  else back then, how Axl would take all these random song ideas and make them into songs

Listening to the Village tapes, you can easily see how this is the case and even later on when getting the album.

benny
 Rep: 0 

benny wrote:

Would someone be so kind as to send me links to download both songs?

axlroselocke1
 Rep: 1 

Looking for links as well

Sky Dog wrote:

I am just glad all this stuff is coming out. However, it really chaps my ass that guys who arranged these songs aren’t getting any credit.

How would you feel if you were Finck, Stinson and Bucket?

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Sky Dog wrote:

I am just glad all this stuff is coming out. However, it really chaps my ass that guys who arranged these songs aren’t getting any credit.

I'd be pissed off is what i would be.

Remember that blurb they had on there site about how Perhaps was written by Axl, Slash and Duff this year? They pulled that down and it wouldn't surprise me if a legal letter got flung there way from Fink or someone. I mean it was an outright lie.

wagszilla
 Rep: 3 

wagszilla wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

I'd be pissed off.

The lost time, the missed opportunities, the toxic work environment, the crazy boss.

But I hope they come around the boards and know how much they're appreciated though. I know Robin is known for his work in Nine Inch Nails but he got absolutely railroaded by how this has played out. "But he took the check, took his hush money". Yeah, yeah, yeah. Go sell your garbage somewhere else.

I hope the Roy Thomas Baker mixes leak out.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
wagszilla wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

I'd be pissed off.

The lost time, the missed opportunities, the toxic work environment, the crazy boss.

But I hope they come around the boards and know how much they're appreciated though. I know Robin is known for his work in Nine Inch Nails but he got absolutely railroaded by how this has played out. "But he took the check, took his hush money". Yeah, yeah, yeah. Go sell your garbage somewhere else.

I hope the Roy Thomas Baker mixes leak out.

At this point, someone should just leak out everything, its been long enough

briburge28
 Rep: 0 

briburge28 wrote:

Looking for links as well

Board footer