You are not logged in. Please register or login.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

Re: The General and Monsters

FlashFlood wrote:

I’m inclined to believe Monsters has Slash and Duff but it’s funny to me how people think Duff invented the bass slide just because he did it on Slither.

BLS-Pride wrote:
monsterscantkillme wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

what are you talking about
the perhaps vocals are exactly the same, they just put more reverb on the slash version

Also Monsters to me sounds like slash and duff
it sounds like stuff they did in VR
I mean the bass in Monsters sounds a lot like slither
IF it is Tommy on Monsters, it is pretty ironic he wrote the bass to slither before Duff did lol

It will also be irnoic if that is not slash on Monsters since I said its slashs best work on  these CD era left over songs when I am not a fan of his work on the other songs

The AXL vocal take on Perhaps is completely different from the demo. The guitars on Perhaps are completely different from the demo. I assume it'll be the same pattern for The General and Monsters on the vinyl. These are CD era demos. I've heard Slither. I've seen its music video too. i don't hear Slither on The General or Monsters. I hear CD era sounds and NIN industrial influenced sounds on them. Slither and The General and Monsters are two different worlds apart.

It's Axl not AXL. Dont gotta yell his name everytime. He wont hear you. The vocal take is the same on perhaps. Listen again and then again if needed.

Okay. Listen to how Axl sings the lyrics up to the chorus and then with the chorus on Perhaps as compared to its demo. The chorus is different from the demo. Axl's singing is different from the demo. Listen how Axl sings the word hey hey. He doesn't sing hey hey like that on the demo. You can tell the Axl vocal is 2019 to present while the Axl vocal on the demo you can tell is 1999 vocals. And then listen to the ending of Perhaps with Axl. That ending isn't on the demo. A Robin Finck outro is on the demo. That's missing from the Slash version. Axl completely reworked the song vocally. I believe Axl has done the same vocal reworking on The General/Monsters vinyl. The Axl vocals on The General/Monsters isn't 2019 to present. It's more likely 2004-2006 vocals. Raw vocals. Axl doesn't have that vocal in him today. You'll hear a big vocal difference on the vinyl as compared to these CD era demos of The General/Monsters.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

The AXL vocal take on Perhaps is completely different from the demo. The guitars on Perhaps are completely different from the demo. I assume it'll be the same pattern for The General and Monsters on the vinyl. These are CD era demos. I've heard Slither. I've seen its music video too. i don't hear Slither on The General or Monsters. I hear CD era sounds and NIN industrial influenced sounds on them. Slither and The General and Monsters are two different worlds apart.

It's Axl not AXL. Dont gotta yell his name everytime. He wont hear you. The vocal take is the same on perhaps. Listen again and then again if needed.

Okay. Listen to how Axl sings the lyrics up to the chorus and then with the chorus on Perhaps as compared to its demo. The chorus is different from the demo. Axl's singing is different from the demo. Listen how Axl sings the word hey hey. He doesn't sing hey hey like that on the demo. You can tell the Axl vocal is 2019 to present while the Axl vocal on the demo you can tell is 1999 vocals. And then listen to the ending of Perhaps with Axl. That ending isn't on the demo. A Robin Finck outro is on the demo. That's missing from the Slash version. Axl completely reworked the song vocally. I believe Axl has done the same vocal reworking on The General/Monsters vinyl. The Axl vocals on The General/Monsters isn't 2019 to present. It's more likely 2004-2006 vocals. Raw vocals. Axl doesn't have that vocal in him today. You'll hear a big vocal difference on the vinyl as compared to these CD era demos of The General/Monsters.

I bet you can hear Patti Hood and Baz on the album too. Those are some ears you have. Glad it's not open to debate.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Pretty sure all post reunion released tracks have CD era vocals. Absolutely nothing indicates new vocals on any of the new songs. The guy decided he wanted some aye aye’s on Hardschool and didn’t even record that. He copy and pasted it from another song he already had.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:

The vocal tracks might get some post production effects added but that's it. The album versions and everything else we have gotten, have always been the same vocal track cut and pasted.

A Private Eye wrote:

Pretty sure all post reunion released tracks have CD era vocals. Absolutely nothing indicates new vocals on any of the new songs. The guy decided he wanted some aye aye’s on Hardschool and didn’t even record that. He copy and pasted it from another song he already had.

Hard Skool hey hey might be copy and paste from EYE on YOU but the way Axl sings hey hey in Perhaps with Slash is different than what Axl sings hey hey with Robin on the Perhaps rough mix demo. And it's not copy and paste. Axl sang Perhaps all over again recently in the studio. Look at the ending of Perhaps. No Finck outro. But it does have Axl singing the ending different on Perhaps than its demo. It's clear as crystal. And like someone else said I say it's not Patti Hood lol or Baz. Baz is a LEGEND and an ICON. Axl I assume has sung The General and Monsters all over again in the studio recently too. Slash I bet recently has added his guitar style to The General and Monsters in the studio too. Another poster said that Robin is piercing and strident. Well, if you listen closely to the end solo of Monsters you hear something that is strident and piercing too. It's classic Robin Finck. Slash can't play at that level. He tried on Perhaps, but Slash just couldn't quite get there. That is not in the Slash wheelhouse.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Slash can't play at that level eh? Maybe take a nap and listen to some other music for a while. Settle down on the trolling too. Better for everyone.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

No its not different
you should get your ears checked

Also if the hey hey sound different its because the backing  tracks of Robin and Tommy were probably swapped out for Duff

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

A Private Eye wrote:

Hard Skool hey hey might be copy and paste from EYE on YOU but the way Axl sings hey hey in Perhaps with Slash is different than what Axl sings hey hey with Robin on the Perhaps rough mix demo. And it's not copy and paste. Axl sang Perhaps all over again recently in the studio. Look at the ending of Perhaps. No Finck outro. But it does have Axl singing the ending different on Perhaps than its demo. It's clear as crystal. And like someone else said I say it's not Patti Hood lol or Baz. Baz is a LEGEND and an ICON. Axl I assume has sung The General and Monsters all over again in the studio recently too. Slash I bet recently has added his guitar style to The General and Monsters in the studio too. Another poster said that Robin is piercing and strident. Well, if you listen closely to the end solo of Monsters you hear something that is strident and piercing too. It's classic Robin Finck. Slash can't play at that level. He tried on Perhaps, but Slash just couldn't quite get there. That is not in the Slash wheelhouse.

Absolute dribble.

dave-gnfnr wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

No its not different
you should get your ears checked

Also if the hey hey sound different its because the backing  tracks of Robin and Tommy were probably swapped out for Duff

I don't hear the classic sound Duff is known for in the rock world. In the rock industry. Maybe it's because Duff wasn't traded on The General and Monsters. Maybe Tommy Stinson and Richard Fortus were untradable players.

Board footer