You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

Re: Guns n roses played the general

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Glad they did it, sounds decent from the few bits i've heard. Considering it's the first performance too

Miguelox26
 Rep: 5 

Miguelox26 wrote:

Mr. no bad vibes and greetings to all, I simply like to comment and I really appreciate the forum because it has been around three years and I have been able to compile material and I appreciate that very much. I don't know how Axl continues to surprise you when he sings, he just doesn't use the rasping when singing, he lets go of his throat and micke comes out, but it's for comfort, he can still sing very similar as always, from 2001 onwards he does it, in chinaexpres I talk about his change of voice to sing these songs, a sum that the bastard recognizes either he doesn't rehearse or he does it little, but there is no doubt that he can do it when he wants!

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Gonna have a mess around with this see if i can clean it up a bit. 9

Miguelox26
 Rep: 5 

Miguelox26 wrote:

hey shackler, we heard the same thing in the general and monster; slash and duff, a pleasure to contact someone who has good hearing, greetings and work your magic.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Gonna have a mess around with this see if i can clean it up a bit. 9

I would love if you could remove some of the distortion in the main chorus. The bit before ain't too bad

monsterscantkillme is going to jump off a bridge now. Just kidding. I'm not going to jump off a bridge. I could swear on The General demo it is Robin on the solo playing a Super Strat guitar on the high end. Slash plays with a Les Paul guitar with a low rumble.

And hold the phone. I just forced myself to sit through my ULTIMATE NIGHTMARE of watching Slash live and after watching and most importantly LISTENING to it I can say that Slash played the solo DIFFERENTLY than Robin plays it on The General demo. It's still Robin Finck on the original 2006 demo of The General.

Tmgladden
 Rep: 2 

Tmgladden wrote:
monsterscantkillme wrote:

And hold the phone. I just forced myself to sit through my ULTIMATE NIGHTMARE of watching Slash live and after watching and most importantly LISTENING to it I can say that Slash played the solo DIFFERENTLY than Robin plays it on The General demo. It's still Robin Finck on the original 2006 demo of The General.

Finck? Are you mad? After watching slash play this live there is only one conclusion, Paul Huge actually wrote the whole song. Sorry bud, not finck

Tmgladden wrote:
monsterscantkillme wrote:

Finck? Are you mad? After watching slash play this live there is only one conclusion, Paul Huge actually wrote the whole song. Sorry bud, not finck

I put on my headphones like I did with the Monsters song to get the lyrics right and on the headphones I hear Slash playing it differently than Robin. Robin plays the solo on the high end. Not piercing and strident lol but still on the high end. If you know about the Super Strat guitar you'll know what I mean. Robin is famous for using the Super Strat guitar. Slash is famous for using the classic Les Paul. I hear this as another case and example of Slash trying to be Robin again live this time on the General. And Paul Huge? Where did Paul Huge come from? Paul's been out of the picture for years. I would assume Robin not only recorded the solo on The General but I would assume Robin wrote the guitar solo he recorded too. Why would Paul Huge write guitar solos for Robin to play in studio?

Board footer