You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

Re: The General and Monsters

-Jack- wrote:

I don’t understand why playing the song live makes it more likely the leaked versions are Slash and Duff.

I believe it can be them, just not seeing why the odds are higher because they played it live…

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

I don’t understand why playing the song live makes it more likely the leaked versions are Slash and Duff.

I believe it can be them, just not seeing why the odds are higher because they played it live…

Because what they played is too close to the studio take.

Like on TWAT and TIL slash plays some of the same phrases but you can hear his style differences from the studio version. On General live it just sounds so close.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Putting it another way.

I thought the studio take had some Slash hallmarks, particularly newer Slash (myles eta) but it was plausible it could be the others happening to ape his style a little given bucket is somewhat of an all arounder.

Slash on the other hand doesn't really tend to ape other people's styles. Even when he plays a cover he plays it as himself not them and brings what he does to the song, rather than bringing the song to what he does kinda. Not saying its a bad thing his covers are great.

Here live slash was getting into it and playing in his natural style, and yet it sounded like it does on the record, thus seems its most likely the record was also him.

Sky Dog wrote:

axl21duff I think both The General and Monsters are the end product. Both have Slash and Duff.

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!!!

I guess I'm part of the lunacy. After the live performance by Slash, I still stand by saying The General demo and its solo is Robin Finck using a Super Strat guitar on the high end.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

I think people are hearing what they want to hear.

Gagarin wrote:

I think people are hearing what they want to hear.

Well, I think I'm hearing Robin and others say they hear Slash. Since the debate isn't settled, we need official confirmation to settle the debate.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

The vinyl must have 2 new songs then. That came out of left field.

Maybe perhaps/General atlas/Monsters like it was rumored?

That was going through my mind

That's cool for the Slash fans with the vinyl. But what cool stuff do the Robin and Bucket fans get? Do we get left out in the cold by Axl and Fernando? Do we get nothing but misery and pain?

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:

I'm a huge Robin fan and originally also thought it might even be more plausible that Robin was playing Slash-like on Monsters than the other way around, but after hearing the live-version it's pretty clear to everyone but you that it's all Slash. You made your point that you still don't want to believe it. That's fine. Nobody needs you to agree and your opinion is more than properly noted now. No need to repeat it over and over again. Time to move on.

Let's all just be thankful that we didn't get an Ashba/Bumble version

Board footer