You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The General and Monsters

Vale wrote:

I'm a huge Robin fan and originally also thought it might even be more plausible that Robin was playing Slash-like on Monsters than the other way around, but after hearing the live-version it's pretty clear to everyone but you that it's all Slash. You made your point that you still don't want to believe it. That's fine. Nobody needs you to agree and your opinion is more than properly noted now. No need to repeat it over and over again. Time to move on.

Let's all just be thankful that we didn't get an Ashba/Bumble version

I'm still not convinced. But how can Robin and Bucket fans move on when there is nothing to move on to? Robin and Bucket won't be on the vinyl. What Chinese Democracy releases do Robin and Bucket fans have to look forward to? You have a vinyl in December. What do we have coming in December?

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
monsterscantkillme wrote:
Vale wrote:

I'm a huge Robin fan and originally also thought it might even be more plausible that Robin was playing Slash-like on Monsters than the other way around, but after hearing the live-version it's pretty clear to everyone but you that it's all Slash. You made your point that you still don't want to believe it. That's fine. Nobody needs you to agree and your opinion is more than properly noted now. No need to repeat it over and over again. Time to move on.

I'm still not convinced. But how can Robin and Bucket fans move on when there is nothing to move on to? Robin and Bucket won't be on the vinyl. What Chinese Democracy releases do Robin and Bucket fans have to look forward to? You have a vinyl in December. What do we have coming in December?

Reality.

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:
Vale wrote:

With the Village Discs we got to hear more from both of them than we realistically could expect after them leaving even before CD was released. Actually I'm more bummed out that Robin has abandoned his solo record. I would have loved to hear that..

Vale wrote:
Vale wrote:

With the Village Discs we got to hear more from both of them than we realistically could expect after them leaving even before CD was released. Actually I'm more bummed out that Robin has abandoned his solo record. I would have loved to hear that..

hey man. I still think it's Robin on the demo. As I said in The General was played thread, I hear body and low rumble from Slash live and you don't hear any of that on the demo. Slash isn't on The General demo. And this to me puts Monsters in question too. I question the Slither and VR comparisons. Because I like the solos on Monsters and why would I like solos that are from Slash? Does that make sense? There's no way I would like solos from Slash whether I knew ahead of time or didn't know. I didn't like Slash solos on Perhaps, Hard Skool, and Absurd. Why all of a sudden would I start liking Slash now on Monsters?

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:
Vale wrote:

hey man. I still think it's Robin on the demo. As I said in The General was played thread, I hear body and low rumble from Slash live and you don't hear any of that on the demo. Slash isn't on The General demo. And this to me puts Monsters in question too. I question the Slither and VR comparisons. Because I like the solos on Monsters and why would I like solos that are from Slash? Does that make sense? There's no way I would like solos from Slash whether I knew ahead of time or didn't know. I didn't like Slash solos on Perhaps, Hard Skool, and Absurd. Why all of a sudden would I start liking Slash now on Monsters?

Nobody said you had to like it. But saying the same thing over and over again doesn't make it more true.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

I don’t understand why playing the song live makes it more likely the leaked versions are Slash and Duff.

I believe it can be them, just not seeing why the odds are higher because they played it live…

Because what they played live sounds pretty much just like the leak where as Hard School and Perhaps did not

Vale wrote:
Vale wrote:

Nobody said you had to like it. But saying the same thing over and over again doesn't make it more true.

that's not what i asked you. i like the monster solos. why would i like them if they were slash solos? that's not repetition. that's a question.

dave-gnfnr wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

I don’t understand why playing the song live makes it more likely the leaked versions are Slash and Duff.

I believe it can be them, just not seeing why the odds are higher because they played it live…

Because what they played live sounds pretty much just like the leak where as Hard School and Perhaps did not

no it doesn't.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

They sound different in the context of normal live variation vs studio recording. They sound the same in the context of comparing two different players and styles and interpretations.

If it’s Robin on the version we heard then Slash has done literally nothing to it. Which is unlikely when considering the other tracks we’ve heard.

A Private Eye wrote:

They sound different in the context of normal live variation vs studio recording. They sound the same in the context of comparing two different players and styles and interpretations.

If it’s Robin on the version we heard then Slash has done literally nothing to it. Which is unlikely when considering the other tracks we’ve heard.

It is likely because Slash did do something to it. But not with a demo. What Slash did is on the NON demo product. And that is what you'll get on the vinyl. What I get and have is Robin on the demo.

Board footer