You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Blackstar
 Rep: 12 

Re: The General and Monsters

Blackstar wrote:
furly06 wrote:
Blackstar wrote:

It's already out in New Zealand and Australia. Credits from youtube about who is playing on it and production/mixing (the "The General and Monsters" credits from SESAC were about who wrote it).

https://i.servimg.com/u/f97/20/05/33/00/the_ge12.jpg

Some surprises here. Brain's friend Marc "Mirv" Haggard (one of his two friends he co-wrote The General and Seven with) is on the track and they also kept Pitman on it.

But the biggest surprise is that Caram is that they kept Caram's mix, even though Perhaps was mixed by someone else (Joe Barresi). I suppose this is an old mix from 2-3 years ago, but I would expect that there would be at least some consistency for the two sides of the vinyl.

Very interesting. We hope that the mixes of the two tracks are good.

The mix of The General is exactly the same as the leak (so not good).

furly06
 Rep: 0 

furly06 wrote:
Blackstar wrote:
furly06 wrote:
Blackstar wrote:

It's already out in New Zealand and Australia. Credits from youtube about who is playing on it and production/mixing (the "The General and Monsters" credits from SESAC were about who wrote it).

Some surprises here. Brain's friend Marc "Mirv" Haggard (one of his two friends he co-wrote The General and Seven with) is on the track and they also kept Pitman on it.

But the biggest surprise is that Caram is that they kept Caram's mix, even though Perhaps was mixed by someone else (Joe Barresi). I suppose this is an old mix from 2-3 years ago, but I would expect that there would be at least some consistency for the two sides of the vinyl.

Oh shit. So why did they wait so long to release it if they didn’t edit the mix?

Blackstar
 Rep: 12 

Blackstar wrote:
furly06 wrote:

Oh shit. So why did they wait so long to release it if they didn’t edit the mix?

The delay was because of the quality of the vinyl pressing, not the mix.

furly06

furly06 wrote:
Blackstar wrote:
furly06 wrote:

The delay was because of the quality of the vinyl pressing, not the mix.

Oh ok thanks

carlossacanell
 Rep: 1 

Blackstar wrote:
furly06 wrote:
Blackstar wrote:

Can't believe It. What a shame. sad

carlossacanell

How can 'the perfectonist' Axl let this song go out with that poor quality in the mix?
Even all of us know what the bridge and the end of the song need to be right and it's not difficult to solve It. I'm very surprised

Sky Dog wrote:

axl It’s pretty obvious the leaks were final mixes. It’s funny…..if you don’t like it, then it’s a demo! LOL

Only in GNR La La Land!

furly06

furly06 wrote:
carlossacanell wrote:

How can 'the perfectonist' Axl let this song go out with that poor quality in the mix?
Even all of us know what the bridge and the end of the song need to be right and it's not difficult to solve It. I'm very surprised

That’s right, it’s not like him to let things like that go by, considering how precise he wanted to be in all of his works. I have a kind of hipe that makes me hope that the end result is not so, that the mix is different.

carlossacanell

Sky Dog wrote:

axl It’s pretty obvious the leaks were final mixes. It’s funny…..if you don’t like it, then it’s a demo! LOL

Only in GNR La La Land!

Yeah, but it's not in terms that we like or don't like it. It's the quality of the mix. Monsters can be the final version and it's ok. I like TG too, but it's obvious they should fix a few parts where the different tracks (voices, guitars etc) of that parts of the songs are not clean.
Just my opinion

furly06

furly06 wrote:
carlossacanell wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Only in GNR La La Land!

Yeah, but it's not in terms that we like or don't like it. It's the quality of the mix. Monsters can be the final version and it's ok. I like TG too, but it's obvious they should fix a few parts where the different tracks (voices, guitars etc) of that parts of the songs are not clean.
Just my opinion

Yeah, you’re right about that. There are some parts where it is not a matter of whether it's good or not, but that are objectively mixed badly or feels imperfectly

Board footer