You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The General and Monsters

Sky Dog wrote:

It’s a fucking single! It was released individually to everyone who doesn’t have a record player….which is 99% of the world at this point!

This board and the conspiracy theories and negativity is a bit too much. All the songs during the Chinese era suffer from the same issues. We get it.

I think more people on here can’t get over the fact that Slash and Duff returning had absolutely no effect on “new” music. None!

Sorry….Tommy and Duff are a wash but Slash doing songs that were written for Buckethead’s lead style are going to end up neutered and inferior.

I’m happy to have these interpretations of those songs because I still like Axl’s lyrics and semi old school voice.

Sky Dog wrote:

Axl cross to bare is his inability to wrap up those sessions and move on….Chinese sessions…

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Last I checked it was officially released as a single.

It would seem its somehow both. At least its better than Hard stool, that song wasn't released it fucking escaped.

HAHA. That's a funny phrase. But it's also funny the diversity of opinion. I really liked Hard School, demo and as-released. It felt like a song fans would have loved in 2000 and it also had a vibe that could have fit into a 96 record. And I thought it still worked.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

I think more people on here can’t get over the fact that Slash and Duff returning had absolutely no effect on “new” music. None!
Sorry….Tommy and Duff are a wash but Slash doing songs that were written for Buckethead’s lead style are going to end up neutered and inferior.

I’m happy to have these interpretations of those songs because I still like Axl’s lyrics and semi old school voice.

That is a bit of a surprise... Like Slash and Duff playing over the parts, instead of making them sound like Slash and Duff, or going out of their way to leave a mark. It's telling that some were sure these were Slash and Duff leaks, versus others thought it was a pre-reunion leak from a vault, and then others were ambivalent. It lacks a signature. All I could say for sure, is that it reminded me of Sorry.

I, too, am glad these are out, in any case.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Someone on mygnr has finally called out the clipping on the bass drum throughout.

Thought I was the only one who heard it.

The appalling mix notwithstanding, this is just so amateurish as to be laughable. Right up there with the CD liner notes debacle for me.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Gagarin wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Last I checked it was officially released as a single.

It would seem its somehow both. At least its better than Hard stool, that song wasn't released it fucking escaped.

HAHA. That's a funny phrase. But it's also funny the diversity of opinion. I really liked Hard School, demo and as-released. It felt like a song fans would have loved in 2000 and it also had a vibe that could have fit into a 96 record. And I thought it still worked.

It makes it even worse for me because out of all the locker leaks stuff i probably liked Hardschool the most. But they neutered it completely, hacking the intro off, the mix is awful. It's a shame

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

jimmythegent wrote:

Someone on mygnr has finally called out the clipping on the bass drum throughout.

Thought I was the only one who heard it.

The appalling mix notwithstanding, this is just so amateurish as to be laughable. Right up there with the CD liner notes debacle for me.

GNR is incapable of not fucking up things other bands don't fuck up.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Still love it as much as the early leak. Still don’t understand Axl putting in the tin can effect, but love the song.

carlossacanell
 Rep: 1 

I wouldn't call it negativity to the members giving our opinions.
I would say we all love this band. We only had one album from 2008 and when they release a couple of songs we have the right of giving our sincere opinion about them.
And if most of the people feels the mix is horrible, the song seems unfinished or whatever i wouldn't blane the fans. Just respet opinions.
As i said i'm happy we are moving on and getting new songs. But my opinion is the last songs are far away from the Big Guns.
I'll keep waiting for new music and hopufuly at some point we'll have great songs

Miguelox26
 Rep: 5 

Miguelox26 wrote:

The songs are cool for what they are: a single and its b-side, the level of guitars in Chinese is stratospheric, slash does what he can, it's not his style and he's not that versatile! Not only did they not detect slash and duff in the leaks from monster and the general, if not they listened to buckethead and robin! Of course, that shit can't be slash! They are robin and buckethead and so each one lies to themselves in their own way! Artistically, slash is not at that level, it it was, not anymore! The epic solos are in chinese democracy and those are mainly robin and buckethead! Of the singles that have been published there is not a single decent guitar line by slash, much less epic or magical and in general In the end he tries but if we compare it with any Chinse CD solo you realize the artistic level of that work that is far superior to what he can play or compose slash these days!....p.s, let's enjoy what we have!

Board footer