You are not logged in. Please register or login.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

Re: The General and Monsters

FlashFlood wrote:

I, for the first time in a long time, listened to some of the locker leaks as well as the 4 recently released tracks. God Brain was sooo good. I don’t have Frank hate like many, but I’m glad they decided to leave Brain’s drums on what they’ve, um, updated.

Sky Dog wrote:

Brain’s drums are on all the tracks…Freese was a bad ass too.

Frank is a solid touring drummer. He seems like a great guy.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The end of Sorry is one my favorite GNR drum moments

Link31
 Rep: 1 

Link31 wrote:

The General is undoubtedly one of the worst songs in the entire GNR catalogue

I have to agree.

Was there ever an better version (digital) release of Monsters or just The General?

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:
misterID wrote:

It’s not only one of my favorites, but I can think of many GNR songs that are way inferior.

I mean it all comes down to preference. It’s still beyond me when some fans said the same about Prostitute

I think Prostitute is a masterpiece - the cream of CD. Sorry is very strong bar some of the lyrics. The General is not in the ballpark of either.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I want the Bucket/Robin version of General

carlossacanell

FlashFlood wrote:

I, for the first time in a long time, listened to some of the locker leaks as well as the 4 recently released tracks. God Brain was sooo good. I don’t have Frank hate like many, but I’m glad they decided to leave Brain’s drums on what they’ve, um, updated.

For me Brain is one of the BEST drummers ofvthe world and when he left his parts can't be replaced for anyone out there in the GNR camp

carlossacanell

jimmythegent wrote:
misterID wrote:

It’s not only one of my favorites, but I can think of many GNR songs that are way inferior.

I mean it all comes down to preference. It’s still beyond me when some fans said the same about Prostitute

I think Prostitute is a masterpiece - the cream of CD. Sorry is very strong bar some of the lyrics. The General is not in the ballpark of either.

For me It is. Bad ass song. Probably another mix would have been better but IS a masterpiece

Sky Dog wrote:

axl

misterID wrote:

The end of Sorry is one my favorite GNR drum moments

Listen to The General then Monsters then Sorry….together … a nice little EP.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
carlossacanell wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

For me Brain is one of the BEST drummers ofvthe world and when he left his parts can't be replaced for anyone out there in the GNR camp

He’s used to get HAMMERED on the boards for the YCBM intro though. Can’t win em all i guess!

Board footer