You are not logged in. Please register or login.

MellowVelo
 Rep: 0 

Re: The General and Monsters

MellowVelo wrote:

I’m late to the party, but would somebody please send me Monsters? I’d love to hear this. Thanks!

carlossacanell
 Rep: 1 

FlashFlood wrote:
carlossacanell wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

I, for the first time in a long time, listened to some of the locker leaks as well as the 4 recently released tracks. God Brain was sooo good. I don’t have Frank hate like many, but I’m glad they decided to leave Brain’s drums on what they’ve, um, updated.

For me Brain is one of the BEST drummers ofvthe world and when he left his parts can't be replaced for anyone out there in the GNR camp

He’s used to get HAMMERED on the boards for the YCBM intro though. Can’t win em all i guess!

When i listen Prostitute i think is a fucking great song with the worst mix posible.
A bit of more powerful guitars here, a little less clean Axl voice there ... And It would be one of the BEST GNR song ever

carlossacanell

MellowVelo wrote:

I’m late to the party, but would somebody please send me Monsters? I’d love to hear this. Thanks!

PM me your email

MellowVelo

MellowVelo wrote:
carlossacanell wrote:
MellowVelo wrote:

PM me your email

Thank you. Somebody already sent it to me. Cheers!

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:
carlossacanell wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
carlossacanell wrote:

For me Brain is one of the BEST drummers ofvthe world and when he left his parts can't be replaced for anyone out there in the GNR camp

He’s used to get HAMMERED on the boards for the YCBM intro though. Can’t win em all i guess!

When i listen Prostitute i think is a fucking great song with the worst mix posible.
A bit of more powerful guitars here, a little less clean Axl voice there ... And It would be one of the BEST GNR song ever

As with the whole album, it’d be nice to hear the actual basslines. Drums, guitars and Axl are phenomenal.
Comparing it to the clipping aimless sonic mess that is The General is night and day

Sky Dog wrote:

axl I’m actually really starting to love this song….the power chords, lyrics, and Axl wailing at top register…it’s cool.

Of course, it’s not as cool as Get In The Ring but I digress….

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

axl I’m actually really starting to love this song….the power chords, lyrics, and Axl wailing at top register…it’s cool.

Of course, it’s not as cool as Get In The Ring but I digress….

Two things can be true - Get in the ring being a turd (which it undoubtedly is) doesn’t mean that the General can not also be one of their worst songs .
All subjective of course

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Despite my negative comments on the prospect of future songwriting I actually do love what we got....when you have it cranked and the chorus comes on with that high wail it's awesome, and slash's brief outro solo hits the nail on the head too. I think it's very cool...problem is it functions like a taste...i need mooooaaaarrrrrrr.

I think it does make a nice little EP though when you put all the post reunion tacks together. Needs state of grace and eye on you for me to feel like I can move on though hahahah.

ps. Get in the ring is cool too. Perfect capture of the entitlement and grandiosity of the man-children 20 year old GNR were mixed with a half reasonable critique of the music business of the time, all mixed up with some beautiful slash tones before the dark times of megatron or whatever he plays now....

pps. Whenever anyone thinks anything negative of the UYI band they should be forced to watch the into to YCBM in 2002....just saying.

carlossacanell

monkeychow wrote:

Despite my negative comments on the prospect of future songwriting I actually do love what we got....when you have it cranked and the chorus comes on with that high wail it's awesome, and slash's brief outro solo hits the nail on the head too. I think it's very cool...problem is it functions like a taste...i need mooooaaaarrrrrrr.

I think it does make a nice little EP though when you put all the post reunion tacks together. Needs state of grace and eye on you for me to feel like I can move on though hahahah.

ps. Get in the ring is cool too. Perfect capture of the entitlement and grandiosity of the man-children 20 year old GNR were mixed with a half reasonable critique of the music business of the time, all mixed up with some beautiful slash tones before the dark times of megatron or whatever he plays now....

pps. Whenever anyone thinks anything negative of the UYI band they should be forced to watch the into to YCBM in 2002....just saying.

Agree. At the end of the day we have new songs. wink
But i prefer they release next Monsters, Atlas and SOG. Seven would be awesome

MrMojoRa

MrMojoRa wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

axl

misterID wrote:

The end of Sorry is one my favorite GNR drum moments

Listen to The General then Monsters then Sorry….together … a nice little EP.

EXCELLENT idea!!

Here's my first 7 (post SkyDog suggestion):
1. Hard Skool
2. Absurd
3. Better
4. Perhaps
5. The General
6. Monsters
7. Sorry

Board footer