You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: The General and Monsters

metallex78 wrote:
Bluefish18 wrote:

Yes- Slash played "Don't Damn Me" last night at his tour opener- Todd Kern singing.  First time it has ever been played live.
Nothing else that happens in GN'R land today will be as interesting.

Don’t Damn Me is one of the holy grails of GN’R songs I’ve wanted to hear live, and Slash is doing it smart playing it with SMKC, a tight professional band that won’t fuck it up like you know GN’R would…

I’ve seen a SMKC setlist from this show too, and where Don’t Damn Me is listed, it has Perfect Crime and Bad Apples as alternates.

Could it be that Slash wants to play these songs with GN’R, but Axl won’t, or just can’t vocally do it?

Either way, I’m so glad that it’s been played live!

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Amazing how (literally) dark the video is lol. 2/3rds of the screen is black throughout the video. Even if the content was good you wouldn't be able to see it easily...

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:
younggunner wrote:

pump out a few more CD songs and then get ready for the Izzy run on tour and in the studio.

Its very simple (except for the $$ part with Izzy touring) and everyone goes home satisfied/happy

Axl gets his fill with the last of the Chin Dem era
The boys get back together in the studio with Izzy and put together an album or two
Tour with or without Izzy.

Retirement

That would be incredible. Sadly, it would seem it's pure fantasy.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Just did what I said I wouldn't do and watched it a second time. I don't hate it as much as the first viewing so maybe there's something to that...?

Clear
 Rep: 0 

Clear wrote:

I would say it's ok, not mind blowing but interesting idea. There are few scenes filled with great metaphors, but I guess AI did that by itself and they taught it looked cool to. And purple shade isn't awful compared to AI overlay on them.
But AI will always have cool transitions for itself, so at least they used that aspect of it.
Don't hate it, but don't love it, glad they did something so all in all positive thoughts 22

Sky Dog wrote:

Agree with Clear

Miguelox26
 Rep: 5 

Miguelox26 wrote:

And I agree with you! What do you want me to say, I liked it, I'm not a big fan of video clips, they are a product of a bygone era, in the vast majority of times the bands were forced to make them, and there are Many musicians who did not give them the money to do it, in other cases they felt stupid for having to promote themselves like that, some said that if girls came out they would not look at them and in others having to record them made them uncomfortable because they felt stupid in the recording process, what do you want the band doing poses or acting as actors?.... a matter of opinions, also they already did it in the past with a wedding included and dolphins! Greetings to everyone and enjoy it as you can or want .

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

Compare this AI monstrosity to something they could have done, with a small crew, and 3 basically no-name/before their big break actors, on a non-union shoot somewhere:

https://www.laurencejacobs.com/short-fi … -the-rain/

How much do you think that cost? Not a lot.

We could have had a little allegorical story about child abuse and something interesting going on, a very small movie, instead we having something that's better suited for the background of a 'lyric video'.

Miguelox26
 Rep: 5 

Miguelox26 wrote:

The question is: is a song good because of its video? Or does a video make a song good? Greetings!

Tmgladden
 Rep: 2 

Tmgladden wrote:

Think we can bully uninspiredworks, I mean creativeworks, into a sonic the hedgehog by situation for future works? Lulz

Board footer