You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Let the reunion rumors roll...

Bono wrote:
war wrote:

i don't think you are making things up i just think you are having a hard time getting to the truth

The arrogance of this is insane. your opinion is truth. Gotcha. Hypocrit.

war wrote:

everything i have said is backed by fact or music theory - i noticed you didn't even coment on the mr brownstone point. an honest person would have said, "good point"

Holy fuck. You're right. I'm the furtherst thing you'll ever find when it comes to an honest person. That or I'm the most honest legit person you will EVER meet. Piss off with that comment.

war wrote:

everything you've said is backed by how many shows you've gone to which doesn't mean anything to anyone else

Well it's backed by everyone I was with. Odd isn't it.

war wrote:

axl doesn't have mic problems every show nor is he bad live. he's just not as good as he is in the studio. the thing is, again, he does so many amzing things in the studio that not even he can repeat that same level live nor could any of your heroes which don't have the range or the drastic variety of both rasp and clean vocal colors. that doesn't make him bad live - that makes him human

My money says you've never seen David Usher live and knowing that I'll assume you've never seen a singer with such an amazing / powerful live voice.  He's not my favorite but I recognize it. Have you been to half the live shows I've been too? Just asking cause I'm pretty damn sure my experience when it comes to live shows is twice or triple the average person. That's my whole fucking point. I've been to so many live shows where the singer puts on a  much more powerful performance vocally than Axl was in 2006. Performers who I like a fraction of the amount that I like Gn'R/Axl. Funny how last tour a major comment/complaint among fans was Axl's vocals being too low in the mix. they're all dishonest as I am I guess. roll

war wrote:

"comprehend being heard" - kinda insulting but whatever. to the point (mic volume) - i do beleive it is the result of his lack of confidence in his voice but it represents a very small part of his professional career.

You have the audacity to say that's insulting yet you basically called me a dishonest person. Also you pretty much agree with me here suggesting Axl's vocal mix may be low.  Pick a side and stick with it otherwise your arguement is shit.

war wrote:

i haven't been to every gnr show but i have been to several and there wasn't mic or vocal problems at any of them. and since he is not your hero i am guessing that you haven't been to all of his shows either and wouldn't be able to objectively speak for the majority.

Nope but i'd say haveing shitty vocal mixes in 3 of 3 shows I went to in 2006 and reading so many fans voice their concerns over the same issue in 2006 makes my point of view a very legit one.  And let's make it very clear Axl is not my hero. Put that in bold type all you want. Doubt it all you want but trust me he's anything but my hero. Also believe me when I say this: the majority of people attending a Gn'R show in 2006 would have issues with the volume of Axl's vocals. It's only fans on these sites that would say it sounded fantastic.

You know what's also really funny. Is how many people in 2002 were raving about how good Axl sounds but suddenly in 2006 those same people were saying how bad he sounded and how much better he sounds now. Fans not wanting to see the forest for the trees. justifying their hero's abilities regardless. Think about it.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Wait. Just to clarify; there's no one in their right mind who thinks Axl sounded better in 02 then in 06 right? I mean to me, the 06 Vs 91/93 can be debated but 02 isn't even a contender.

I think thats a hard case to argue.

He sounded fine to me live (Hammersmith, Download, Wembley) but half the time I'm so excited I don't really notice whats going on!

I'm a natts piss away from switching from being a supporter of the new band to arguing the case for a reunion. I can understand the band not wanting to raise expectations until all is signed and ready to go, but for fucks sake they need to give something for the 'fans' to get excited about. 136 page arguments about whether Robins in or out don't really get me going at all.

Sky Dog wrote:

Scabs, I am completely neutral on the new band vs reunion thing. As crazy as this is going to sound, I actually think this is a fairly exciting time. After 14 years of recording with various "bandmembers"-yes, this thing started in 1994, we really have NO idea what the next announcement will be, we don't know who will actually be in the band, etc. 18 Axl has accomplished one task in 14 years... he has somehow completely baffled the entire fanbase by reducing us to the point of having no idea what he is going to do next. 14

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
madagas wrote:

Scabs, I am completely neutral on the new band vs reunion thing. As crazy as this is going to sound, I actually think this is a fairly exciting time. After 14 years of recording with various "bandmembers"-yes, this thing started in 1994, we really have NO idea what the next announcement will be, we don't know who will actually be in the band, etc. 18 Axl has accomplished one task in 14 years... he has somehow completely baffled the entire fanbase by reducing us to the point of having no idea what he is going to do next. 14

Its intruiging reading the Reckless Road book, how Tom Zutaut had to reign in GNR and their appetite for playing show after show on the Strip when they first started out, his strategy to creating more mystique around the band by withdrawing them from the local scene, creating more hunger for the fans and at the same time writing more material.

Seems like Axl has quite literally taken on this strategy year after year to the point where we barely see or hear from him.

I see where you are coming from, however I think they need to throw the fans a few more tidbits while we wait this latest 'silent' episode out. I think the next 2 months will be instrumental in the bands future success...or failure.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

actually i think he was amazing in both 02 and 06...as to what year was better...oh god...i dunno i was blown away in 02 by many songs,,,,brownstone i coulda swore it was close to the album version

anyway maybe the shows you went to bono didnt have good acoustics? in Air Canada Centre i had only a couple moments when axl was drowned out by guitars but by and large he was the highest in the Mix...but when you are contending with 3 guitars, a bass, a drummer and 2 keyboards i think the best of live singers would have difficulty not being overpowerd...and its really not all his fault if the soundguy is shitty

but i agree with buzzsaw...live singing is not axl strong suit though he definately does have his shining moments..i never saw the old band but IMO the vocals on bootlegs seem better these days then they did back in the day

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

detroit was also one of the few shows to witness Rhiad in 02 werent they?

you also got to witness a tremndous fuckup during patience and a near band explosion cuz of it 16

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer