You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Incognito
 Rep: 0 

Re: $1,500 to "Charity" for Unheard Chinese Democracy Demo

Incognito wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

While I will be the first to admit that this plan isn't likely to work, there is always the small chance that someone will bite. MSL snagged songs just by the mention of money and he didn't plan on actually paying a cent. Someone coming along with actual cash could receive a response.

The main obstacle to this is trying to wade through all the fakes. Out of the hundreds or maybe even thousands of emails he'll eventually receive through this, one or two might be legit.

I realize "Incognito" isn't likely to win any "forum member of the month" awards anytime soon(unless he gets leaks lol ), but I don't think he should be attacked for doing this just for prior incidents with various forum members.

The members can think anyway they choose of BBA, it's their choice.   If they don't like him, the don't like him.   He definitely hasn't earned respect from anybody because he's had so many runins with many, many members here.    This plan whether it works or not isn't gonna change how people feel about him.

For the record, I didn't want this thread posted, I think it's illegal to keep it up and that is my stance on it whether or not anyone on staff agrees or disagrees.

Thanks for your support, James.

Glad you are the one here who gets to make the important decisions.

Evolution will eventually benefit because of you.

Best regards,

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Incognito wrote:

Thanks for your support, James.

Glad you are the one here who gets to make the important decisions.

Evolution will eventually benefit because of you.

Best regards,

16 You're over valuing yourself there if you think you fall under the 'important decisions' category.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

So when you say "charity" you mean something like a registered orginisation such as the "Buy a Horder an HDTV Foundation"? wink

Hope this approach works. Like everyone else here I'd love to hear some more music. I await the day with glee when for whatever reason the CD finally gets released and those hording tracks are left with goods as valuable as the UYI demos. This will be especially funny if the CD fully mastered blows away the demo versions of the song. Bhahah...i hope it happens!

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Perhaps if DR Pepper had offered the equivalent of a can of DR Pepper for the whole of America in hard cash donated to an association for the care of military veterans or something then we might have stood a better chance of seeing Chinese Democracy

Edit.....I hadn't seen this.....either this is where BBA got his idea from or the website is just full of shit and exaggerating rumours

http://www.chinesedemocracywhen.blogspot.com/

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Sorry to have such a dim view of  humanity, but no one is gonna leak something unless they are getting the money themselves.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i think that is why the "charity" is in quotations

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

It appears Baz has received some Dr Pepper. If anyone can get in touch to find out if this is true?

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Sorry to have such a dim view of  humanity, but no one is gonna leak something unless they are getting the money themselves.

I agree but if DR Pepper were genuine, and they repeated their offer as cash (say $1m) to charity for releasing in 2008 it would take the challenge to a whole new level.

I'm starting to think though that the Dr P thing was bollocks, they just went along with the person that made it up as it seemed like a bit of fun.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Edit.....I hadn't seen this.....either this is where BBA got his idea from or the website is just full of shit and exaggerating rumours

http://www.chinesedemocracywhen.blogspot.com/

i think the last version is the right one. they just read the forums and took bba's idea and just did a "good" reporter job

bba you're famous 3

Board footer