You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Overall feelings on the CD era songs....

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

A theory that I think many have but perhaps hasn't been stated -

This is a CD that all the bandmembers got to rehearse from, which is supported by the fact that every song from the setlist is here, possibly even Prostitute. It would also explain how it got out, since this CD would be duplicated many times for each person and travel the globe.

Anyone think it could be Robin's copy that came out? I think James suggested it but the more I think about it, the more sense it would make for his rehearsal copy to "slip out". (pun NOT intended).

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I agree with PaSnow and Mikkamakka. Although I wouldn't go quite as far as to call the songs "turds", I will however call them extremely average at best but with slight(and I mean slight) flashes of brilliance.  And this notion that people can't like VR songs more than these is ridiculous. I'm no fan of Contraband or Libertad. Both were huge letdowns but both albums contains some solid rockers, some of which surpass what "Guns N' Roses" material we've heard. Especially Slither. In my opinion that song is better than anything the new Gn'R has done. At the very least it's tied with Better.  I'm a little tired of the talk about how brilliant Axl is and this is all a plan that's been well mapped out. What the fuck? This is anything but well planned strategy. It's flat out amateur shit and reaks of someone who has no idea what they're doing. That's not soley direcetd at you Elmir but at that whole idea which has been voiced by many over the years. I listen to a huge range of music. I'm a dj who spins techno and hip hop yet my personal CD collection is anything but so I hear alot and know alot of music(as we all do) and to be honest I just dont see how any of this new Gn'R stuff fits into the great category.  I do agree with you Elmir that these are just demos. My god they have to be. The production on them is just too damn shitty.  For arguement sakes(cause thats' what we do 16) the production on Contraband and Libertad blows these CD songs outta the water. How anyone could hear the production on these as satisfactory is beyond me.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Bri, its called denial.:haha:

When people who don't like BH are forced to listen to him, they don't like to admit BH just gave them a swift kick in the ass.

As a tribute to Bucket, gonna have to add my BH smiley to the site.

BH just fucked all of the haters right up the ass with these songs.  Especially If the World, which i am throughly convinced was written by him.  I could hear it on a BH album.

jonesy2
 Rep: 0 

jonesy2 wrote:

Gotta say I am quite disappointed. If the world and untitled the most. The vocal melody just doesnt do it for me. It's like its seperate to the music in a way.

If you took the vocal off If The World it'd sound real nice but nothing genius and the vocal doesnt add anything for me.

The best bit of both of the 2 new ones is the outra on untitled, ironically the bit where Axl isnt singing!

I prefer the live02 version of maddy, this version (as other have said of the tracks overall) sounds bloated. Buckets awesome guitar during the samples is buried, shame.

I listened to them a few times last night and once on the way to work to make sure I wasnt missing something, or if they'd grow on me, but alas not.

Sky Dog wrote:

they have grown on me and Riyadh kicks a whole lotta ass. Masterpiece...again, no-not as good as either Illusion album yet. Pretty good 9 song record overall in my opinion. And, don't get me started on Velvet...not a fan in the slightest....I am going to compare Axl to Axl and right now, I'll give him a B.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Bono wrote:

And this notion that people can't like VR songs more than these is ridiculous. I'm no fan of Contraband or Libertad. Both were huge letdowns but both albums contains some solid rockers, some of which surpass what "Guns N' Roses" material we've heard.

I never said, "can't", but VR isn't in the same league as this stuff. Sorry. That's why they are opinions.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Bono wrote:

And this notion that people can't like VR songs more than these is ridiculous. I'm no fan of Contraband or Libertad. Both were huge letdowns but both albums contains some solid rockers, some of which surpass what "Guns N' Roses" material we've heard.

I never said, "can't", but VR isn't in the same league as this stuff. Sorry. That's why they are opinions.

This music is beyond VR's music, that's for sure.  Most VR songs sound quite generic, there is nothing generic about these songs in my book.

jonesy2
 Rep: 0 

jonesy2 wrote:
madagas wrote:

no-not as good as either Illusion album yet. Pretty good 9 song record overall in my opinion. And, don't get me started on Velvet...not a fan in the slightest....I am going to compare Axl to Axl and right now, I'll give him a B.

I kinda agree with you on this - after hearing If The World and Untitled I think it'd sit much better with me if it was a solo album.

Im no VR fan either.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Welcome back Jonesy!

Its been a while, where ya been? wink

I've been trying to collect my thoughts about the new songs, rather than write a long winded review I thought I'd just bullet point:

- Rhiad Rocks. Guitar is sick, its a hard hard hitting quirky song..without being crap ('My World').

- If The World...love the underlying groove, I think Axl tries a little too hard on this one though with his vocals.  I think this good well as a song that ties others together.

- Song 2 - don't really like the start of the song / verse, it reminds me a little of Village Gorilla Head (although I do quite like this album). Depsite not having a particularly memorable chorus (Linkin Park esque?) the song builds  and I love that solo at 4.20 before the outro.

- Get Bucket back. Can't get enough of his guitar in these songs. 9 Must get some Praxis, I think I might enjoy this.

- IRS sounds stronger. Not sure what they have done with TWAT but some of it made me winc. As for Maddy I agree with Jonesy they seemed to have played down the BH solo during the quotes 4

Board footer