You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: If the World leak

misterID wrote:

I know how Bucket sounds, man. I own his albums. But I also know how Robin sounds. It flows exactly with his Funkmetal vibe. Since I have no idea who it is I can't say for certain, it just feels more Robin to me.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

to me this one seems like a fairly routine jam session with Axl wailing over it

this is pretty uninspiring stuff frankly - a very mediocre track

Axls vocals aren't terribly good either - id wager his vox were recorded during the 02 helium phase

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
misterID wrote:

I don't hear Bucket on it that much at all, from what I can tell. It sounds more like a Robin song.

Have you heard Colma? Electric Tears? Population Override?

Bucket is owning this track from start to finish.

I think GNR fans who mainly think of BH as a shredder need to start diving in to his discography and see what he's really about.

The "robot shredder freak" thing is old, and he brings more to the table than anyone to ever be in this band.

I'm fairly certain it's BH doing the bluesy solos during this song.  It screams Colma to me. 

I'm sure BH wrote this track.  The guitar at the beggining and end pretty much say that.

rose22
 Rep: 12 

rose22 wrote:

this is easily my favorite track of the three. axl has a real talent for coming up with rock songs with a pop melody. definately buckethead on the track imo. also, very happy to be a part of this site. have been coming here for a while now to get the real scoop and opinions but have never regestered mainly cuz i'm not much of a poster. again...great site !

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

If you wanna hear where the If The World guitar sound came from, listen to the sample of Twice With the Sledge on this site. It sounds exactly the same. You'll have to scroll down. This is a Buckethead project with Brain.

http://www.amazon.com/I-Need-5-Minutes- … B0000058W0

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

More influence on If the World?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFYU0m3617E

Thanks to nugdafied for finding this.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

I'd be quite happy if this track was left off CD (for the love of god, please assign a pristine version of Catcher to the A-list?!)

It's pleasant enough and all I guess, but it just isn't all that impressive and is far too incoherent. It would work well as a jam-style interlude where the band mixes it up while Axl changes outfit and grabs some oxygen etc... between songs

It sounds indulgent, unfocused and basically just like Tommy teased out a fairly bog standard funk/jazz riff and the band layered shit over it. It doesn't bear the hallmarks of quality, structured and classic songwriting. I'm all for the odd bit of experimenting, but lets kep the experimentation at least interesting and unique.

The fact good old uncle Axls nasal and overly rangy vocal performance have also been thrown in the mix for good measure leaves us with a song the critics will have a field day with - held up as proof of what a farcical mess the album is.

Im sorry - this is not what I had in mind at all...

estrangedpaul
 Rep: 5 

Communist China wrote:

If this is a BH song, which it probably is, and certainly at least his work is all over the track... how can they release it on CD? I know they legally could, but it's just too much for Ron to have to be faced with. Why even put it on a master setlist if BH is such a huge part of the song? Unless he's on every track we haven't heard as much as he's on this and Riyadh, I don't see why they wouldn't put a Robin or a Tommy song on the master setlist instead.

EDIT: If it is Bucket laying the electric solo around the 3:30 mark than he has been proven as the single most important member of the new Guns N' Roses. I think it might be Robin, and I kinda hope it's Robin, because it kicks so much ass and I really want Robin to be as featured as a guy can be after all the years he put in.

Its definitely Robin - I can say that with 100% certainty. The note at 3:27 - the start of the second lick of the solo is the most obvious example. He plays notes like that all the time, in fact its how he tries to put his own spin on Slash's solos.

The acoustics are almost certainly Buckethead (listen to the lick at the end) - that would also go along with the trend whereby most of the songs on CD have one BH solo and one Finck solo.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

welcome back estrangedpaul 5

dave-gnfnr2k
 Rep: 11 

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

I'd be quite happy if this track was left off CD (for the love of god, please assign a pristine version of Catcher to the A-list?!)

It's pleasant enough and all I guess, but it just isn't all that impressive and is far too incoherent. It would work well as a jam-style interlude where the band mixes it up while Axl changes outfit and grabs some oxygen etc... between songs

It sounds indulgent, unfocused and basically just like Tommy teased out a fairly bog standard funk/jazz riff and the band layered shit over it. It doesn't bear the hallmarks of quality, structured and classic songwriting. I'm all for the odd bit of experimenting, but lets kep the experimentation at least interesting and unique.

The fact good old uncle Axls nasal and overly rangy vocal performance have also been thrown in the mix for good measure leaves us with a song the critics will have a field day with - held up as proof of what a farcical mess the album is.

Im sorry - this is not what I had in mind at all...

What are  you talking about? If the world the main leak we have so far that spans across a lot of geners of music. It could be played on easy listening stations, soft rock, modern rock and classic/rock stations. The song is one of the better leaks, top three easily

Board footer