You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Slashisvr
 Rep: 8 

Re: Motley Crue Discussion

Slashisvr wrote:

Maybe there using it as a warm up for there own tour

i know its there own festival kinda thing, but maybe there unleashing the new stuff when they tour alone

lets hope anyway

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Definitely skipping Cruefest. Someone at tonight's show posted a setlist:

Kickstart My Heart
Wild Side
Shout At The Devil
Saints of Los Angeles
Live Wire
Tommy and the Titty Cam
Motherfucker of the Year
Don't Go Away Mad
Same Ol Situation
Primal Scream
Looks That Kill
Girls Girls Girls
Dr. Feelgood

Encore - Home Sweet Home

-------------------------

Thats a fucking joke. Way too short of a set for a headliner, and for a band supposedly extremely confident in their new material, only play two new songs.

Fucking lame.

I'm really getting sick of these nostalgia acts trying to act relevant.

Seeing as their last tour consisted of the doing 3, 1 hour sets with alot of deeper cuts being played, maybe they're just doing a smaller, hits based set for the hell of it this time. Plus, I'm pretty excited about most of the acts on the tour, so Crue is just part of it for me.

I'd just call that a festival set.  I know Metallica did something really similiar when they were playing Lollapalooza in '96. 

I'll also give a warning to anybody going to see the Crue.  I saw them on the last tour a couple years ago and it was the worst show of any kind I have ever seen in my life.  Nothing even comes close to the kind of clusterfuck that show was.  I'd like to think they have their shit together, but I saw part of a press conference for the new album that wasn't much better.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Slashisvr
 Rep: 8 

Slashisvr wrote:

i hope they come to the UK soon

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

I bought the new album but man was it disappointing.  Saints of Los Angeles and This Ain't A Love Song is all I liked.  Very disappointing.  I had considered seeing them live again but with that setlist and no Tommy solo I doubt it.

Hey Russ....any hot chicks dangling their boobs???  big_smile and big_smile

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

The lyrics are definitely the problem Russ, that and some of the structure of the songs.  It's odd, everyone's playing well and Vince sounds good but all the songs are put together as if they are early demos instead of finished products.

Boobs are a staple of a good Motley Crue show!!  Cool your wife wasn't giving you "the look" for enjoying the scenery!!!   16

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer