You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bazgnr
 Rep: 4 

Re: Shackler's Revenge: REALLY confirmed

bazgnr wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I speak for myself when I say this but any official release from GNR by no means is the end of the road for me.

Hell, I see the release of CD as the floodgates opening around here.  Imagine how much great stuff we'll all have to talk about.  Except most of it won't be based almost completely on random speculation for a change...:haha:   Me, I'm looking forward to talking to everyone - and *celebrating with everyone - when GN'R hits full-force once again.

rose22
 Rep: 12 

rose22 wrote:

this site has definately got alot to offer and i enjoy it all but yeah for me it's pretty much all about the gn'r. i assume by your avatar tommie that you are a sheild fan. i can't wait for it to start in september. seems like alot of shit going down in september.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

as long as people wanna hang around the site for chatting and stuff we'll be here

i imagine peopel will come and go but gnrevolution will live on in some capacity

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I honestly thought Shackler's Revenge would have leaked by now.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The key with GN'R is like any other band.

We'll get CD. Listen to it to death, and while we're waiting for the next album, we'll talk about the tracks.

No worries. smile

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

Axl talks about Shackler's Revenge:

So here's the story behind this music

"Once the opportunity to include Shackler's Revenge on Rock Band 2 was presented, the song was given priority in our recording process. As the verse, performance and lyrics were decided on, for us (that especially includes Interscope chairman Jimmy Iovine) the choice became obvious. We were more than pleased Mr. Brosius (the game's lead audio director) agreed! Our thanks to Harmonix and all for the consideration - it is an association in which we have always felt honored.

"Musically the song was primarily written by Buckethead over six years ago, with Brian "Brain" Mantia writing the musical hook of the chorus. Former member Paul Huge as well as former employee Robin Finck failed to see its potential and showed no interest in exploring, let alone recording the piece. When the demos were played for the new band, Ron, Frank and Richard were as they say 'all over it.'

"Buckethead, Brain and Frank Ferrer appear on the song as well as Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal. Ron's part was written by Buckethead and extensively manipulated by our producer, Curt Cuomo. Ron was not involved in the writing of the final recording though did participate in the arrangement. All lyrics were written by myself. Additional programming (jack boots, screeching tires, etc.) was by Caram Costanzo.

"The chorus: Shackler's Revenge etc. deals with the societal repression of deep and often agonizing emotions. Emotionally the song contemplates several abstract perspectives drawing from personal expression as well as from the video game (Rock Band 2) and its metaphors. The appropriate expression and vehicle for such emotions and concepts is not something taken for granted. It can be a big gig, like fronting a rock band!

"Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada,

Axl

- www.gunsnroses.com

Hidden Text:

Did you believe it? It's the Oh My God press release from '99. wink

Axl4Life
 Rep: 28 

Axl4Life wrote:
sic. wrote:

former employee Robin Finck

What this. Nice choice of wording there.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer