You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

Re: THE WILDHEARTS

BurningHills wrote:

Surely our British members know of and hopefully love these guys - still ONE of the best bands that I've ever heard in my life, and it's a shame that they were never huge in the U.S. - as they should have been.

Amazing riffs, amazing hooks, amazing lyrics - amazing EVERYTHING. Ginger is a legend as far as I'm concerned.

Most of their b-sides and throw away tracks are better than most bands' a-sides, especially in today's rock scene. The amount of releases that these guys throw out there full of quality material is just mind-boggling. There's STILL stuff that I'm collecting because of some of it is just so hard to find. Going to pick up the new covers album once I get my credit cards paid off.

Any Americans who have never heard of these guys NEED to check them out one way or another - Ginger won't mind, really.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I bought one of their albums for cheap after reading some good things about them, and Ithought it was pretty ordinary. I ended up selling it a month or so later. I can't remember which one it was, but it had a purple coloured sleeve.

Might have to give them another chance.

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

BurningHills wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I bought one of their albums for cheap after reading some good things about them, and Ithought it was pretty ordinary. I ended up selling it a month or so later. I can't remember which one it was, but it had a purple coloured sleeve.

Might have to give them another chance.

"P.H.U.Q."

It took me a while to get in to that one too. Start with their debut: "Earth Vs. The Wildhearts"

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

I've followed The Wildhearts pretty much from their inception, can't count the number of times I have seen them live. Ginger is an incredible songwriter

If you want something diffrent try Phishing for Luckies.

Otherwise try one of these

29 x The Pain
Vanilla Radio
Girlfriend Clothes

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

tbh aint listened to them in yearsssss. they were bigger in the beginning.. Saw Ginger when he was part of the Quireboys, tho dont remember the gig much, i was drunk as a skunk and so were the band.... Good to see both bands are still around

edit: ah i see my old mate mick ronson (rip) played on "my baby is a headfuck"  cool.

Board footer