You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: Dave Mustaine: "Buckethead is better than me and Slash combined"

I think Slash's work on 5 O'Clock is better than his work on AFD. More skillful anyways. But what's around him is different (although you can't really complain about Mike Inez and Eric Dover). I wish that line-up had gotten back together instead of the terrible Rod Jackson era. ALG is unlistenable, even if some solos are pretty sweet. I just can't take "Do you like the way I murder your heart?" anymore... and VR everyone took their game down a couple notches. None of the members, save Kushner, played as well as they had up to that point.

I'm going to go put on Neither Can I and dream about that album with Axl's vocals...

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Communist China wrote:

I think Slash's work on 5 O'Clock is better than his work on AFD. More skillful anyways. But what's around him is different (although you can't really complain about Mike Inez and Eric Dover). I wish that line-up had gotten back together instead of the terrible Rod Jackson era. ALG is unlistenable, even if some solos are pretty sweet. I just can't take "Do you like the way I murder your heart?" anymore... and VR everyone took their game down a couple notches. None of the members, save Kushner, played as well as they had up to that point.

I'm going to go put on Neither Can I and dream about that album with Axl's vocals...

A couple notches?  CC, you're being too generous for once.  16

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The new line up has made more than "2 potentially decent songs." That statement is laughable.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
misterID wrote:

The new line up has made more than "2 potentially decent songs." That statement is laughable.

everyone is entitiled to their own opinion

misterID

misterID wrote:

Yes, even when they're wrong 16

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Yes, that's why you're still here.  19

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

Slash was a genius in his time...he inspired a whole generation of wannabe guitarists and real professionals alike...times change, tastes and music changes too....comparing Buckethead to Slash is really unfair to both of those players....Slash does not set the world alight with his playing in the new millenium because we are so used to it....in the late eighties he was the shits....because there was no one like him...

bucket is the shits now because there is no one like him....Mustaine must have been referring to BH's speed and technical ability, because Bucket hasn't really proven himself as an epic player within a band environment, so we don't know what he'd be like if placed in a situation where Slash excelled...

who knows....maybe on this new album there is a true replacement to Jungle and Scom and PC....maybe we'll get a whole new "best guitar riff of all time" and maybe we won't....

Only time will tell...until then, those who bash either of the two players shouldn't be doing it, because they are the reason why we are here....

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Communist China wrote:

While I do like a couple of tracks from ALG....IFOC was simply amazing guitar wise..and I agree its a lot more technical than AFD. I also dream of Axl on that album!!!

My big wish is that VR starts making music of that kind...the demos were closer to that than what we got with scott....and let it roll was in the right direction...I just hope he one days pulls out another album of bad ass IFOC style riffing and soloing...

misterID

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Yes, that's why you're still here.  19

Haha nice 21

Board footer