You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Bach talks about Axl on Angel Down

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Having guests is quite a bit different than having 1 guest sing lead (when your ONLY talent is singing) on 1 song with contributions to 2 other songs (or 2 more leads if whoever said that was correct), then using that guest's lead to promote the album.  If you don't understand that, I can't explain it any clearer.  It's apples and oranges.

On another note, who said music is music?  Somebody said that earlier (I think in this thread) and it is one of the most uninformed comments I've ever seen.  All music is not the same and if you think it is, then you lose a lot of credibility.  Rap and rock aren't even in the same ballpark musically.  Everybody here should know that.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

buzzsaw wrote:

That doesn't happen on the 2 Eminem albums I have, but whatever.  The point is still the same.  Axl is being used and everybody seems to be ok with it, so enjoy.  I don't want to see any of you complaining down the road.

Axls a big boy I'm sure he is well aware of when he's being used or being taken advantage of. Perhaps this is something he wanted to do for his friend. Axl's not stupid and I'm sure Bach isn't either they will both know where the main interest for this album now lies, there's much more marketability to an album that Axl features on than just a Bach solo album. If Bach is ok with having some of the focus taken off him for his comeback album in exchange for much more interest in his album and Axl is ok being the main marketing point for this album then I don't really see a problem.

Maybe Axl featuring on 3 songs means the album sucks, perhaps it means Baz spotted an opportunity to draw more interest to his album, or maybe once they got in the studio they started singing and trying things out and this is what worked for them and they went with it. Who knows? What I do know is Axl's been missing for far too long and I refuse to get bummed out by him appearing on songs for the first time in 8 years.

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Abbey_Road wrote:

Got this off of gnrdaily.com

We caught up with Sebastian Bach to find out how surprised he was to get a text message from Axl Rose saying he would sing on 'Angel Down.'

"So then I got this record deal and came out to finish my record a couple of months ago. And I just texted Axl at LAX just walking around baggage claim and I go 'Hey, when are you going to sing on my record.' Like some snotty nose kid, totally joking around. Then one word comes on my phone, 'When.' I go 'Get the...' I just remember stopping dead in my tracks and going 'No, no he's not going to sing on my album, there's no way. And I go 'We're in the studio Monday, 1 till 5 in the morning' and he goes ' What's the address.' He doesn't let me down man and he doesn't mess around. He's very direct and he's very intense and he doesn't say anything he doesn't mean."

Bach even admitted how happy he was to have his old friend Axl on the project and he even considers Axl one of his closest friends in the music industry and thankful for all the help he's given him in the past.

"And he sang three songs. He sang 'Back in the Saddle,' 'Love is a Bitch Slap' and 'Stuck Inside.' I'm so happy with the record and to have him on it as well is just mind blowing. I could not thank him enough. He's helped me more than anybody else in Rock, he's helped me. With touring and back in Skid Row, we opened the Use Your Illusion Tour and that's the way he is. He just helps out. He helps me out."

LOL.  He says Axl never says anything he doesn't mean.  How many of us remeber this famous quote from Axl?

"It'll be out this year"
Axl Rose on the status of Chinese Democracy in 2006

lol   

big_smile

A Private Eye wrote:

What I do know is Axl's been missing for far too long and I refuse to get bummed out by him appearing on songs for the first time in 8 years.

exactly!   

like i said earlier, some people will bash regardless and thrive on being negative for whatever reason.    I mean if someone doesn't like the song, thats fine and thats not what I mean.   Its funny tho, I was reading the reactions at mygnr, and the exact posters you would expect to hate it (the VR fans), do.     its so predictable.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

russtcb wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Having guests is quite a bit different than having 1 guest sing lead (when your ONLY talent is singing) on 1 song with contributions to 2 other songs (or 2 more leads if whoever said that was correct), then using that guest's lead to promote the album.  If you don't understand that, I can't explain it any clearer.  It's apples and oranges.

On another note, who said music is music?  Somebody said that earlier (I think in this thread) and it is one of the most uninformed comments I've ever seen.  All music is not the same and if you think it is, then you lose a lot of credibility.  Rap and rock aren't even in the same ballpark musically.  Everybody here should know that.

First: I said that. Second: I am in no way uninformed and lose no credibility saying it. Third: Check this out - ART is ART, not just music.

co-signed.   Neither Axl Rose nor Sebastian Bach have to follow any 'rules' in making their art and if Axl wants to sing 3 songs on Baz's album, and Baz is cool with that, then so be it.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

besides, it sounds like they had a lot of fun recording these songs together.. and thats a good thing.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

LOL.  Rules apply to everything.  I don't write the rules, I just understand them.  If you have quality, you don't invite someone more famous to help you out on your first solo effort in a decade.  You don't use the other artist to promote your album.  You guys go ahead and enjoy fantasy world, I'll stay in reality.

Board footer