You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Slash @ Lollapalooza

nugdafied wrote:

Lollapalooza 2008: Slash joins Perry Farrell, Samantha Ronson for impromptu unplugged, singalong rendition of "Jane Says"

http://www.windycitizen.com/blogs/lolla … nson-for-i

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

Slash who?........Perry Farrell's wife is an absolute knockout!:bed::drool:

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I found this article on yahoo, while checking on my fantasy baseball teams of all things.  The caption for the title read, "Slash and Brett Favre can do whatever they want".  Here's the portion of the article that contains the Slash related stuff.

Draft Day Dilemma: the Favre problem
By Andy Behrens
Before we get to Favre, there's a quick and unnecessary story. Feel free to skip ahead, past the jump.

Last weekend, we took my seven-year-old to the family stage at Lollapalooza. It was spectacular for various reasons, not the least of which was that my daughter learned exactly what a rock star looks like. She used to think they looked like Nick Jonas, but not anymore. 

We have Slash to thank. He and Perry Farrell were the headliners at the kid's stage on Sunday. Slash walked out wearing a hat that said "(expletive)" in large, black letters. He lit a cigarette, then flicked it into the crowd of children at the conclusion of "Knockin' on Heaven's Door." A young boy caught it, dropped it when it singed his hand, then picked it up again and screamed excitedly.

Slash was awesome. And the kids seemed to fully appreciate his awesomeness, even though most of them were not yet 10. He just stood there, rocking, smoking, wearing the obscene hat, and a bunch of very small children loved him. 

After the set, it seemed necessary to have a brief evils-of-smoking discussion with my daughter, since we'd both just lunged for a discarded cigarette. But she cut me off.

"Duh, he's a rock star. He can do whatever."

There are certain lessons that only Slash can teach your kid, and that's one of them. The rules are very different for rock stars.

In case you want to read the rest of the article, about Brett Favre.

http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/blog/ro … tasy,98354

Board footer