You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jac185
 Rep: 3 

Re: Bach talks about Axl on Angel Down

jac185 wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

besides, it sounds like they had a lot of fun recording these songs together.. and thats a good thing.

Exactly.

Also, i'll be honest, whatever Axl was on these days i'd listen to it immediately, the fact that he's appearing at least on music that isnt TOO far removed from classic GNR (despite the cheese, dated, whatever you want to call it factor) means i don't see how any GNR fans can absolutely hate the idea.

It may not be Chinese Democracy, it may not be great, but its Axl recording music, and from what i've heard, not terrible music.

EDIT: And of course Baz is using Axl, he'll sell more records, but he wouldn't have done it if he didn't like the idea. So Axl's using Baz aswell, he gets to record and have some fun and maybe get some publicity, we all know if Baz were 'using' Axl in a way that benefitted only Baz Axl would be a million miles away from the project

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

LOL.  Rules apply to everything.  I don't write the rules, I just understand them.  If you have quality, you don't invite someone more famous to help you out on your first solo effort in a decade.  You don't use the other artist to promote your album.  You guys go ahead and enjoy fantasy world, I'll stay in reality.

Please let me know where I can find this "Set Of Rules For Music". I've been into music since I was about 3 and I've never heard of such a thing.

I'm pretty sure they aren't written anywhere, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.  Use some common sense and drop it, because you know I'm right.  There's a reason that this is fucked up and it isn't just my opinion.  It screams desperation and if you read the thread about it, you'll see that others recognize it.  The song is weak and it's being used to promote the album.  Figure it out.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

If Axl is cool with Baz using him as a selling point for this album why should it bother anyone else.

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

Judging from the couple songs I heard so far, I'm really not expecting too much at all from Baz's album. BITS was very forgettable, and Bitchslap sounded like it was 20 years old. 

bba

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

If Axl is cool with Baz using him as a selling point for this album why should it bother anyone else.

The concern has nothing to do with Axl being ok with it.  It has everything to do with what happens when it isn't well received.  By using Axl as the marketing tool, when it fails some people in the media and general public will consider that (fairly or unfairly) a reflection on Axl.

buzzsaw wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

The concern has nothing to do with Axl being ok with it.  It has everything to do with what happens when it isn't well received.  By using Axl as the marketing tool, when it fails some people in the media and general public will consider that (fairly or unfairly) a reflection on Axl.

I can see what you are saying and hopefully that won't happen.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

well the songs that got "out there" are alright...the orig tune is pretty bad ass actually and yeah he was backing vocals on both of them....so anyway i take back what i said....now if he woulda been full out lead vocal an both tracks then i still say it woulda been too weird 19

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer