You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: "Chicken Dinner" Shackler's Revenge Leak

Sky Dog wrote:

this ain't your Daddy's Gnr.....not sure what people are going to think of this. Honestly, it is so different it may get better reception if it was a solo Axl Rose song.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

it seems more and more people think this way every day...i've always said that keeping the gnr name was a mistake for this project

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Nothing wrong with enjoying mashed potatoes, but try not to belittle the chicken.:haha:

14  I love you James.

Someone should ask Ron if he's on this track.  I don't hear anything Robin in there, so it could be a Fortus, Bucket, Ron trio.  Maybe Ron's recorded all of Robin's work?  Good lord.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I think Robin is there arond 2-16 or something - Neemo pointed it out earlier in the thread. I kind of hope Ron's on this, it might make some haters give respect.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

You know, granted we haven't heard all of CD, but this song definitely doesn't flow with the
songs we have heard. I mean, this is in league with Silkworms and Oh My God.

I like the song, don't get me wrong, but its definitely got me confused on the direction of this
album.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i agree i dunno what the idea is with all the different styles...the tracklisting will be interesting...no wonder there was talk a year or so ago about interludes for every track hmm

this track leads wonderfully into better though 22

Sky Dog wrote:

ID, that is why I maintain that we have no idea how this record will turn out or what will ultimately be on it.

Sky Dog wrote:

Neemo, the idea is he has multiple albums of material and all this won't be on Chinese. He has been recording for 14 years...just think about all the changes in music since then.:nervous: not to mention the 20 different players involved.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
madagas wrote:

ID, that is why I maintain that we have no idea how this record will turn out or what will ultimately be on it.

It also hints at the trilogy idea once again.  With all the songs we have so far and very differing styles between them, we can lump similar tracks together and put them on the same disc.  At the same time, it hints that the band has been going in many many different directions since recording began and we've seen the delays as they haven't settled on a particular style for one album.  It's a mess.

Sky Dog wrote:

that's the problem with too much material, by too many players, spaced out over too many years....how do you maintain a consistent focus? We'll see someday I hope.

Board footer