You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: "Chicken Dinner" Shackler's Revenge Leak

buzzsaw wrote:
machine24 wrote:

I think this shit rocks and is a breath of fresh air. Certainly it has a little ThunderKiss vibe to it but the chorus and stuff is catchy as hell and I can see people liking this. OLD school GNR fans are gonna hate it though.

Old school GnR fans (a huge percentage of the base that would buy it), anybody that favors rap, R&B, pop, the crap they pass off as rock these days, grunge, country, and just about any other genre not called industrial or heavy metal is going to hate the song.  Last I checked, that's pretty much anybody that buys records today.

It's fine to release this on a video game, but if they're using this to launch CD too, it's over.  Whatever they use to launch the album better be a hell of a lot closer to what's on the radio today or they have no chance.  People will have heard this song and started to write off CD before they buy it...one more like it and kiss any sales you might have gotteen from the above list goodbye.  I don't like it, but that is the way it is.  No Top 40 radio station will ever play this song.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Yeah but honestly, I dont hear any leak thats gonna be a huge phenomenon.

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

Your right about people not buying the album from listening to it on a video game.  Now enter the present, today's teen will download the single off of itunes.

As far as hearing it on the radio, I pretty much just listen to XM.  I know The Boneyard will play the fuck out of this.  Hell, they even played By Your Side by Bach.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

again i disagree - gnr is not targeting us or casual gnr fans that are older and not buying anything anways. they are targeting a new audience and will do so with new and different music like they did with appetite. before someon changes this into an appetite vs chinese democ. argument - don't. i am not saying that much. new fans are to be the main target with a large promotion. rock band is a good start. the song is catchy. nobody is gonna stop a 3 minute song cause of the first 15 seconds either. rock band won't sell the cd for them, no but it is just the start of things to come i am confident. i do agree that it is not enough though buzz.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
machine24 wrote:

Yeah but honestly, I dont hear any leak thats gonna be a huge phenomenon.

We don't know for certain that we've heard everything, but the truth is that it doesn't have to be a phenomenon, it just has to be something people won't cringe at.  I think there has to be a better option than this song.  It is probably a good choice for a video game like this, but not the right choice to convince the general public that GnR is back.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

To have a huge hit, its like lightning in a bottle, its a song that just captures people's imagination and something they can relate to on lots of levels. I havent heard a song like that yet.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
war wrote:

nobody is gonna stop a 3 minute song cause of the first 15 seconds either.

no but i guarantee that it will put a bad taste in some peoples mouths before the song even starts...first impression is everything

not everyone will listen to the track 30 times straight until they like it.

the first few chords of the song remind me of limp bizkit...and that ship sailed a LONG time ago

and if peopel think limp bizkit of the bat then there will be a few who do turn it off after 15 seconds...look at Buzz's wife's reaction for example

jonesy2
 Rep: 0 

jonesy2 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I do agree that a medley of this would be a fucking disaster. They gotta drop the living in the past crap when going public again.

Yep - with rock band it seems like it is (yet another) fresh point for them to start upping the new stuff and give the past a rest.

Im still digging this track on day 2 - with the last leaks by now the shine had worn off for me big time, but Im starting to love this track the more I listen.

I wanna hear the proper end of it though.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

nobody is gonna analyze it like this though. they will hear the music while they are driving or hanging out with friends or playing it on the video game and like it or not. they are not gonna go - hmmm that sounds like limp bizkit, not gonna listen to it cause that ship already sailed. maybe this isn't the best choice for the first single but not for the reason stated IMO ofcourse

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

You're right - they will just change the station.  No need to analyze, just hit a button when a song you don't like comes on.  I guarantee you that there will be a lot of people that don't make it through the first verse.  The only chance of them listening beyond that is if they want to analyze it, otherwise they'll either change the station or think about something else until the next song comes on.

Board footer