You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Baz now claims 4 GNR albums exist

buzzsaw wrote:
bringbackadler wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Almost every song post AFD needs Dizzy....

I disagree.

I think Dizzy Reed as a whole has brought very little to nothing at all to the band so far. I think Axl could have played his parts, or they could have been removed altogether, and the song quality would have still remained.

I don't know about you, but I could have lived without him headbanging in the background to the Garden of Eden video. Also, if the rest of his contributions are anything like Silkworms, he can keep them.

bba

From a creative standpoint, I think Dizzy is close to useless.  They do need someone to play keyboards, but whether it's Dizzy or some reject from Robby Hart's Piano School really makes no difference.  It's possible the CD songs could change that, but it isn't likely.  Dizzy should be a touring musician and not a "member" of the band (if he even is a member of the band and not a contract employee).

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

I have only heard the radio version of BITS. I might buy the album just to give Baz a fair run. I like people that make an effort.

not to mention the record was funded out of his own pocket.   to download these and not buy them is a pretty fucked up thing to do.

If Baz funded the album himself, then I agree.  I have no problem with people downloading them to see if they like them, but if you like the songs, buy the album.  This isn't going to screw over Corporate America, it'll just screw over Baz.

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

buzzsaw wrote:
bringbackadler wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I disagree.

I think Dizzy Reed as a whole has brought very little to nothing at all to the band so far. I think Axl could have played his parts, or they could have been removed altogether, and the song quality would have still remained.

I don't know about you, but I could have lived without him headbanging in the background to the Garden of Eden video. Also, if the rest of his contributions are anything like Silkworms, he can keep them.

bba

From a creative standpoint, I think Dizzy is close to useless.  They do need someone to play keyboards, but whether it's Dizzy or some reject from Robby Hart's Piano School really makes no difference.  It's possible the CD songs could change that, but it isn't likely.  Dizzy should be a touring musician and not a "member" of the band (if he even is a member of the band and not a contract employee).

I completely agree, Buzzsaw.

Personally, I've always viewed Dizzy as an employee, not as a bandmember.

A bandmember would have a clue about the album he is supposedly contributuing to. Dizzy's typical interview response to any question regarding this album has been "I don't know" or "I can't say." That's no kind of bandmember response.

I also agree that ANYBODY could replace him and the end product would likely be the exact same.

bba

AtariLegend wrote:
bringbackadler wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

or they could have been removed altogether, and the song quality would have still remained.

Right Next Door to Hell
Live and Let Die
Don't Cry (Original) Or (Alternative)
Bad Obsession
November Rain
Civil War
14 Years
Yesterdays
Knockin' on Heaven's Door
Breakdown
Locomotive
So Fine
Estranged
There Was A Time
The Blues
Catcher In The Rye

ect....

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Dont cry has keys? hmmm then why was dizzy's job in the video to walk around with the "where's izzy?" sign?

and of those songs you listed they only play 5 and one is played like twice ever

and you forgot Paradise City so i'll give you 6 songs of 18 they play "need" keys

AtariLegend wrote:

^ "Don't Cry" sounds a lot better live with keyboards, than it does without...

Like "Move To The City"....

If you guys really think those songs would sound better without a keyboardist fine, I still have my views.

the dirt
 Rep: 3 

the dirt wrote:

I honestly think that the people that tour with Axl are not "bandmembers", none of them at all.

The only one you can make a case for is Dizzy, but that's simply because he's been there the longest.

When Axl released OMG on that soundtrack he refferred to the guys on the song as "players". Those players included Dave Navarro, Josh Freese, Paul Tobias, Garry Sunshine et all.

Now you have a new group of players and you'll probably have different names to add to the player list in a year or two.

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

the dirt wrote:

I honestly think that the people that tour with Axl are not "bandmembers", none of them at all.

The only one you can make a case for is Dizzy, but that's simply because he's been there the longest.

Oh, I completely agree with you, the dirt.

I wasn't trying to suggest that all of the guys up on stage were band members except for Dizzy ...

I don't personally see ANY of them as Guns N Roses band members either.

I only see 5 guys as actually being GN'R. Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Steve. 4 of the 5 of those guys may be ex-members now but they will always be the guys who actually are Guns N Roses to me.

I'm well aware who tours under the band name these days, and they may be able to make some good music together, but I''ll never personally look at them as being anything other than the guys Axl currently has on payroll to tour under the GN'R name.

bba

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I think the album will do ok. I would guess the 20k mark as well. Based on the sales other releases have been getting. Other then these boards, I don't see this album moving more copies because of Axl's involvement. I think whatever promotion Bach can go out there and do is whats gonna move copies.

There are people on this site that have said they are buying it just because of Axl.

I meant to mean that it won't move a significant amount more because of Axl.

I disagree.  I think a lot of the sales will be due to Axl and the hype surrounding his singing on the album.  Someone posted some reviews from the media and they all focused more on Axl than the songs themselves or Baz.

Board footer