You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: "Chicken Dinner" Shackler's Revenge Leak

Neemo wrote:

i know a few peopel who want nothing to do with anything resembling limp bizkit at all 16

personally i dont mind LB i'm just saying that IMO there will be people who are totally turned off by the first few notes

I think the song is great personally, in the top 3 of the new material for sure this is the kinda stuff i want to hear from this band its awesome....

but i can see how people would be turned off too 19

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

buzzsaw wrote:
ereeper wrote:

why so much negativity?

Well, first off, it's me.

Secondly, it isn't negativity.  It's fact.  Turn on your radio.  Tell me the last time you heard anything like this on it?  Whenever the last White Zombie album came out?  1995ish?  It's not cutting edge - it's a bunch of 90s music thrown into one pot and stirred.  That isn't getting played on the radio anymore.  Hootie and the Blowfish, PJ, Nirvana, and Alanis Morrisette are the 90s bands that gets played on the radio today - not Prodigy, NIN, White Zombie, etc.  I couldn't tell you the last time I heard any of those bands on the radio or TV. 

Why would you expect this to be different?

Ah, what's wrong with different?  All the greats were great because they were different than anything heard before.  Vanilla music, and rock in general, is a disgrace as far as I am concerned.  Different to me, when good, is refreshing, bold, and visionary.  Oh well, you like Norman Rockwell, whereas most of us like Van Gogh--we get it.

I agree with some of your points.  It was played on a major station in my area, and most of the feedback was negative, although some people noted--if it wasn't GNR, they would like it.  Which brings up one thing, that the management must deal with--latent Axl-hatred, for really no good reason.  That's a whole different conversation though.  Some others said it had a nice industrial vibe.  Really, like any song, one should listen a few times before writing it off.

But I must say, what you state as fact, is not true.  I mean, what dork-ass Muzak station are you listening to?  I have stations in the metro I live in, where I can hear Alanis Morrisette and Hootie in the Blowfish, right next to A-ha, old Madonna (Celebrate, etc)--in other words it's a soft-rock Muzak station (either a Satellite feed, Clear Channel syndicated, or awful elevator station).   BTW, Zombie has released some great stuff since 1995, and I listen to a few killer alt. rock/modern rock stations that play Zombie, NIN, Prodigy, etc.  So, I am curious, are you living in hole, are your ears clogged with wax, or do you just have selective hearing which you use to make a point?  I have watched your messages, which jump off the page like someone with impotence issues who is angry at the world, for awhile.  If you added some perspective, other than just slamming everything, maybe one could believe your so-called "facts" more easily.  Nonetheless, you have a right to your opinion, albeit it flawed, subjective, and non-factual.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
ereeper wrote:

why so much negativity?

Secondly, it isn't negativity.  It's fact.  Turn on your radio.  Tell me the last time you heard anything like this on it?  Whenever the last White Zombie album came out?  1995ish?  It's not cutting edge - it's a bunch of 90s music thrown into one pot and stirred.  That isn't getting played on the radio anymore.  Hootie and the Blowfish, PJ, Nirvana, and Alanis Morrisette are the 90s bands that gets played on the radio today - not Prodigy, NIN, White Zombie, etc.  I couldn't tell you the last time I heard any of those bands on the radio or TV. 

I agree with some of your points.  It was played on a major station in my area, and most of the feedback was negative, although some people noted--if it wasn't GNR, they would like it.  Which brings up one thing, that the management must deal with--latent Axl-hatred, for really no good reason.  That's a whole different conversation though.  Some others said it had a nice industrial vibe.  Really, like any song, one should listen a few times before writing it off.

But I must say, what you state as fact, is not true.  I mean, what dork-ass Muzak station are you listening to?  I have stations in the metro I live in, where I can hear Alanis Morrisette and Hootie in the Blowfish, right next to A-ha, old Madonna (Celebrate, etc)--in other words it's a soft-rock Muzak station (either a Satellite feed, Clear Channel syndicated, or awful elevator station).   BTW, Zombie has released some great stuff since 1995, and I listen to a few killer alt. rock/modern rock stations that play Zombie, NIN, Prodigy, etc.  So, I am curious, are you living in hole, are your ears clogged with wax, or do you just have selective hearing which you use to make a point?  I have watched your messages, which jump off the page like someone with impotence issues who is angry at the world, for awhile.  If you added some perspective, other than just slamming everything, maybe one could believe your so-called "facts" more easily.  Nonetheless, you have a right to your opinion, albeit it flawed, subjective, and non-factual.

Reading comprehension...look into it.

Bright Eyes 2005

buzzsaw wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Reading comprehension...look into it.

How ironic, what a comeback!

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

come on lets play nice now 16

some people, like me for instance, hate modern alt. rock/modern rock stations so we wouldnt know or care what they play cuz it usually ends up just being all the same old shit over and over again being played :sick:

19 19 19

Bright Eyes 2005

Neemo wrote:

come on lets play nice now 16

some people, like me for instance, hate modern alt. rock/modern rock stations so we wouldnt know or care what they play cuz it usually ends up just being all the same old shit over and over again being played :sick:

19 19 19

Absolutely, but factual at the same time.  I agree, vanilla modern rock stations are annoying.  On the other hand, I don't hear Hootie and the Blowfish on the radio more than Zombie or NIN.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

actually i refuse to listen to stations that have hootie playing 16

i get alot of NIN and ZOmbie played on my local station...but they are stuck in the 80s and 90s so thats why i like them 21

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:

Absolutely, but factual at the same time.  I agree, vanilla modern rock stations are annoying.  On the other hand, I don't hear Hootie and the Blowfish on the radio more than Zombie or NIN.

Yet you tell me

are you living in hole, are your ears clogged with wax, or do you just have selective hearing which you use to make a point

??

Now THAT is ironic.  It's cool that you have your dial stuck on whatever 90s alt/industrial station they have wherever you live.  That's the ONLY place you're going to hear Zombie, NIN, etc.  Go check the rest of the dial.  You're in for a rude awakening.

AxlsMainMan
 Rep: 1 

AxlsMainMan wrote:

This song fucking rules 11

Should be most excellent live.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
AxlsMainMan wrote:

This song fucking rules:drool: