You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Lay Your Cards on the Line

fine

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

well current band would be the 8 guys that are in the band as we know it from 06 and early 07.

what is the course of the band? i dunno i guess the masses will ultimately decide, but i say they deserve their shot, whenever that may be, but release CD, tour in support of it, if the label and the public love it release a second...etc etc, or if they decide to move on to their own ventures so be it, ala audioslave, but i say they should, in my eyes get at least cd and a followup, then take it from there

definately could be another thread...but i'll leave it up to someone else to start, i gotta go back to work

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

buzzsaw wrote:

This probably deserves another thread, but what is the current band's course?  Also, what do you mean by current band? 

I agree with this in theory, but reading it made me think this over.  Is their current course one album?  Is it touring until there's a reunion?  Is it releasing several albums?  They can't seem to get one album out for whatever reason, so expecting several is unrealistic.  Are they done after CD and a tour supporting it?  Will there be another silent period after that? .

Personally, I think they're done after CD (if it ever comes out).  I don't see any reason to continue beyond that with everything it took just to get to that point.

I've thought about this myself lately and I agree with you. I see this effort as being more of a collaboration or a project alot more than I see them being an actual "band", at least in the traditional sense of the word "band". That's not a diss either. I used to be really against Axl releasing the album under the GN'R banner with these guys, but it really doesn't bother me like that anymore. I see them releasing the albums (if there's really that much material) either altogether or over the course of a couple years. After that, I see these guys disbanding. Regardless of what some believe I think sometime in the future we'll see a reunion and I honestly don't mind waiting awhile for it. I think the bigger question is will Axl ever actually release this album of his.

bba

I tend to think if he has so much material that it wont be the end after CD, however,  on the current course of how long it's taking for this single album to come out, if history was going to repeat itself, I'd say this would be it.

Unless CD is actually more then just one cd with all this talk of 4 cd's worth of material, then he can shoot his load all in one shot!!  9 5  LOL

bringbackadler

DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

Unless CD is actually more then just one cd with all this talk of 4 cd's worth of material, then he can shoot his load all in one shot!!  9 5  LOL

Well, speaking in these terms, I think Axl needs to get hard first.  16

bba

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

One album every six months for two years. Plus lots of touring and promotion.

Then the original band can get back together. Then, in a bizarre 'Heaven and Hell' scenario, the new gnr reunite. Cool!

bringbackadler

Scabbie wrote:

One album every six months for two years. Plus lots of touring and promotion.

Then the original band can get back together. Then, in a bizarre 'Heaven and Hell' scenario, the new gnr reunite. Cool!

One album period is asking alot at this point.

bba

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

russtcb wrote:

If I was Universal I'd make damn sure to get something in the contract for the release of this album that guarantees this cannot happen again.

what do you mean by 'this'?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer